Warren Metcalf's response to the loss of OSA potential customers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to a Metcalf show for a long time. I've never set up at one and never will. However I'll be at Daves shows in Norman and Claremore with a fair stock of knives for sale and will be sharpening knives for anyone who needs it done. GO DAVE!!!

Frank Takacs
Precision Knife Works
Grove, Ok.

BTW Guess I'm a cranky old S.O.B.

swamp donkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whereas I don't have a job right now due to being in school full time (so lack of funds to buy a new toy). I will be going to Dave's show to show my support.
My buddy and I have gone to Metcalfs twice and that was one too many for me.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whereas I don't have a job right now due to being in school full time (so lack of funds to buy a new toy). I will be going to Dave's show to show my support.
My buddy and I have gone to Metcalfs twice and that was one too many for me.
Agreed .. I might not have money to buy anything right now due to being on short term disability but I will go to look around and hopefully meet some great OSA members and to show off my self made OSA shirt called "The Shirt" .

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't blame Metcalf for trying to protect his show. That's natural when you feel threatened.
To besmirch the good name of the entire OSA membership is quite another thing though.

- I don't remember Mr. Metcalf ever stepping up to help a fallen brother in the shooting community when they were in an accident.

- I don't remember Mr. Metcalf ever organizing replacement firearms for an enthusiast who was shot and left for dead.

- I don't remember Mr. Metcalf ever putting one dime back towards the groups of people who frequent his shows.

- I don't remember Mr. Metcalf ever contributing anything to the thousands of matches around the state in which he feeds from.

No sir... I don't remember him doing anything remotely even resembling the countless good deeds that the fine people who frequent OSA have done. It appears that his only focus is on sucking as much money from the area as he possibly can and then spitting on those whom he has taken from... and he's had a self proclaimed 20 years and tons of cash to do it.

Maybe I'm wrong... but I haven't seen it.

Perhaps he's been too busy buying more tiny 6 foot tables, courting flea market vendors, brainstroming new ways to raise prices, or greedily counting his piles of money that he's collected from good, honest hardworking people. :anyone:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a (very) cranky old man and not a social misfit.

I also have no intention of going to Superdave's gun show in Claremore.

But if you can tell me where to buy tics I'll gladly go buy some anyway.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've known Warren for a long time. While I understand and respect his right to protect his business, I am very disappointed in the wording and tone of his response.

We fat asses, social misfits and cranky old men have given him to much "air time" on OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom