Was this police shooting posted? Pretty crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Justified or not, either way it looked like there were several folks standing there including the man shot, all of them stood there except him, he turned and walked away when the officer pulled up.

Here's another Salt Lake shooting, interesting comparison with lethal/nonlethal decision that could have cost the officer his life. LANGUAGE warning.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Is Sad, when I was young my Dad told me to obey people of authority and to this day if get stop by a police officer I give him/her all the respect. That been said I have few times when the officer comes across as an arrogant SOB, I still give him the respect that the batch/position deserve. I know that they put up with a lot crap during the duty tour. I always think there is no reason to make a bad situation worst. Do I think this shooting was justify, at first glance it doesn't look like, but I don't know the whole story. Perhaps he was waving a gun around just before the cops show off, or maybe he was a well-known tug that the cop had numerous dealing before and knew what he was capable off. Hard to tell when you only get one side of the story.

The significant factors in this incident are:

1. shooting victim unarmed;
2. shooting victim wearing earphones when accosted by Police Officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The video shows that he didn’t have a weapon when he was killed.

Why did the cop feel threatened enough to shoot so quickly?

Is there a pattern of fear that is caused by the stress of being a cop?

It is entirely possible that the shooting victim was only reaching to turn off the audio on his audio device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom