Weatherford Air Ambulance crash.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. We had one crash just a couple of blocks from the PD where I worked early one morning after picking up patients from a car crash. The pilot collided with power lines. Awful, awful scene. I just happened to be driving in for my morning shift and it happened less than 1 min before I got to the scene.

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I went to high school with died in a crash. He’d wanted to be a flight nurse for years. Since his accident I’ve paid a lot of attention to the entire industry. Really sad how often this happens. From January 2000 to December 2020 there were 87 crashes with 239 fatalities. If a procedure failed 87 times and killed not only the patient but also everyone in the OR it isn’t likely we would consider doing that procedure. I really think we need to rethink how we use air ambulances.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers sent.

Looks like a small debris field like it went straight down, nor does it look like it caught on fire.

Woody
Radar track shows them at over 100 knots, then a sudden climb in altitude and corresponding air speed drop to 39 knots. Then they disappear from radar.

Landing skids are intact and apparently undamaged, they are designed to "bend" and act as a cushion. They either hit upside down or on their side. Heard that dead geese were found in the debris.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom