Wed OSA Meet Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then go out further to Cimarron County. That is where Black Mesa and Carl Etling State Park is located. Neither are really much to look at, but Black Mesa is a favored night sky viewing area. The eastern part of Cimarron County is more flat and where I hail from.
If I’m not mistaken that area is one of the few truly darker night skies that we have left in the US. I may have to go hit that area up, if I can find some decent public land out there. Maybe even stop by @PanhandleGlocker ’s basement and share a hot pocket together.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken that area is one of the few truly darker night skies that we have left in the US. I may have to go hit that area up, if I can find some decent public land out there. Maybe even stop by @PanhandleGlocker ’s basement and share a hot pocket together.
There’s quite a bit of OLAP properties in the panhandle. You can map out a route and hit several properties in a day.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s quite a bit of OLAP properties in the panhandle. You can map out a route and hit several properties in a day.

I suck at using the multi quote thing on my phone so I’m just gonna tag @HoLeChit.

There’s a fair amount of Rita Blanca NGL out there too. Im pretty sure it can be bird hunted right now. If you’re there before the end of the year, there’s usually lots of doves around if the upland hunting sucks. My brothers and I have often done very well on doves on Rita Blanca. Lotta rabbits too.

I’ve also had pretty good luck getting private access just knocking on doors or approaching the landowner on the road/field. I’ve never asked for upland permissions though, so Ymmv
But good luck if you go, I love it out there. NW cimarron county out by Kenton is the most unique place in OK in my opinion.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

You’re giving me jollies

IMG_2974.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom