Weed Eater Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get one of those weed eater heads that you just stick a length of string in both sides and it gives you 4 strings like >0< that. I hate winding a spool.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'd never seen them until a couple months ago, and my neighbor loaned me his weeder. Once I figured it out, and just cut several strips of the twine and stuffed them in my pocket, it was really fast. A little more waste than a spool, though.

On topic... I don't know where you can get them.

ChaseOK

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have to have a decent trimmer to use a quad line head. The cheaper Poulan, Weedeater, etc... are typically not powerful enough to get the head up to full speed with proper length line.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WalMart has the Weed Warrior brand. Atwood's and all the big box lumber companies sell them. I've got one.. works great... and was easy to install.

As for your cutting cord... get some "Gatorline".. I think it is the best stuff on the market. It is kind of a clear Grey with a darker Grey center... that looks like wire. I can run down my chain link fence and not break this stuff. It is not unusual to cut my entire yard without breaking the cord... it just wars down slowly. It is sold by the pound... so if you buy a .085 package you get more feet than you do in a .095 package. Well worth the money! It is hard to cut with a knife.

Last edited:

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get one of those weed eater heads that you just stick a length of string in both sides and it gives you 4 strings like >0< that. I hate winding a spool.

I bought one at Sears and I'm thinking about switching back to the spool. It's much easier to bump-feed at will, than it is to shut the thing off, pull the worn ones out, stick them in my pocket, reinstall new ones, and start it back up and continue. YMMV though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom