Weed Eater Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to have a decent trimmer to use a quad line head. The cheaper Poulan, Weedeater, etc... are typically not powerful enough to get the head up to full speed with proper length line.

This.

Just make sure and buy your own thick line and cut some lengths yourself. It gets really expensive if you buy pre-cut lengths just cuz they tell you too. I bought one of the ones that doesn't require any special fancy shapes or locking lugs at Lowes a while back and I'm pleased with it. Just stick a length of string in and then when it gets too short, pull it all the way through from the back and start another. Carry a few extras in your back pocket.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, this is some of the best trimmer line you can buy.... it is sold by the pound, so the footage per package will depend upon the diameter of the line you buy. In my area, this is the line that the commercial people like to use. Less down time to re-string their equipment.

Gatorline Square Magnum .095 Part #: 22-495 Incredibly durable!

http://www.oregonchain.com/pdf/OEP/fb_supertwist.pdf

Last edited:
B

Bill Mac

The lowes here in Enid sells em so I would think other lowes would as well.
I was just looking at one in Lowes in Yukon the other day. I also hate reloading the automatic feed OEM ones. Seems I always get the lines twisted or something and end up rewinding it a couple times before it runs out.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bill Mac said:
I was just looking at one in Lowes in Yukon the other day. I also hate reloading the automatic feed OEM ones. Seems I always get the lines twisted or something and end up rewinding it a couple times before it runs out.

Yea I do that stop and rewind what I just spent 10 winding when it runs out routine about every other time lol

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought one at Sears and I'm thinking about switching back to the spool. It's much easier to bump-feed at will, than it is to shut the thing off, pull the worn ones out, stick them in my pocket, reinstall new ones, and start it back up and continue. YMMV though.

Same here, I bought a head that you stick one piece of string a hole on each side, I'm tired of replacing those all the time. I looked for my bump-feed head, but I can't find all of the parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom