Weedless Plastic Worm Rigging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have been bass fishing some stocked family ponds here lately. One of my favorite baits is the 4 and 5 inch salt impregnated soft plastic worms. I like these because I can rig them weedless and pretty much fish ponds with a lot of vegetation without having to clean the moss and stuff off the hook ever time I cast out. The problem with this was that I was only hooking about half the strikes I would get. They would take the bait and run, I would set the hook and start trying to reel them in and the line would just go dead. I got to looking at the worms and about half the time they would grab the worm on the back half... and my weedless rigged hook is on the front half of the worm. So I got to thinking how I could rig a weedless worm with the hook on the back half of the worm rather that on the leading end of the worm. Here is rough sketch of how I rigged one of my 5 inch worms for a test. Within the first hour of fishing the new rig, I landed four bass out of four strikes which is about double the odds I had been getting. It worked so well for me I thought I would share.

KetchAllRig - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost a good sized lunker yesterday. About 4 feet from shore he broke water, jumped a good foot in the air and tossed my worm.

I will try this rig here and see how it works. I too have noticed they will chomp on the back end.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost a good sized lunker yesterday. About 4 feet from shore he broke water, jumped a good foot in the air and tossed my worm.

I will try this rig here and see how it works. I too have noticed they will chomp on the back end.

OH... I REALLY hate to loose one... especially after you see the darn thing! I just used an upholstery needle to thread the line down the middle of the worm so I could rig it near the back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom