well done, Okiebryan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aw, shucks... thanks, everyone. Maybe people on OSA will stop calling me a collaborator...lol

Honestly, I was beside myself nervous before the rally, but once the crowd started getting so energetic, I got over it PDQ. I could never have done this without a lot of help, and you in the crowd got me through the butterflies :-)
You didnt look nervous at all! you did great. Now I do have to say, that speaker (cant recall his name, the Representative or senator guy in the wheel chair) actually made us look stupid IMHO. I couldnt wait for him to get done. Talking about Hitler and the media? WTF? I am so glad the news reporters didnt focus on his babble.
Please, dont brig him back to speak. But the other speakers were great!
Overall, it was a great rally and I'll attend future events.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okiebryan, you did GREAT and appeared like a real pro! My hat's off to you.

Oklahoma Guns Across America.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My hero!

“No more gun control,” he told the crowd. “Especially if you can't enforce the laws you already have.”

How quickly we forget!

Just a week or so ago, he was arguing for Universal Background Checks on personal firearm sales at gun shows to appease the antis.

It's kind of funny what the more popular members here can get by with.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My hero!

“No more gun control,” he told the crowd. “Especially if you can't enforce the laws you already have.”

How quickly we forget!

Just a week or so ago, he was arguing for Universal Background Checks on personal firearm sales at gun shows to appease the antis.

It's kind of funny what the more popular members here can get by with.

Who supported universal background checks and where did this take place? If I didn't see this or forgot, please help me remember. I don't want to be one of those who forgot.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who supported universal background checks and where did this take place? If I didn't see this or forgot, please help me remember. I don't want to be one of those who forgot.
I could not find what Old Phart is referring to either. I only saw one comment that touched on the subject. I could not see any advocacy for eliminating private sales in those comments.

My thanks to all of you that put forth the effort to make a statement. You are appreciated.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In a thread that has been closed, OB argued for several pages that we should push for private sales background checks at gun shows to show the antis that we are policing our own.

On another thread where someone pointed out that Universal background checks would lead to gun registration, he thanked the OP for connecting the dots.

That's as close as he came to retracting all arguments that he made for Universal background checks.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?160853-Three-Men-Arrested-After-Buying-Gun-At-Gun-Show-In-OKC&highlight=okiebryan

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?161424-Why-closing-the-quot-Gun-Show-Loop-Hole-quot-leads-to-registration-of-all-weapons&highlight=okiebryan

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a thread that has been closed, OB argued for several pages that we should push for private sales background checks at gun shows to show the antis that we are policing our own.

On another thread where someone pointed out that Universal background checks would lead to gun registration, he thanked the OP for connecting the dots.

That's as close as he came to retracting all arguments that he made for Universal background checks.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?160853-Three-Men-Arrested-After-Buying-Gun-At-Gun-Show-In-OKC&highlight=okiebryan

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?161424-Why-closing-the-quot-Gun-Show-Loop-Hole-quot-leads-to-registration-of-all-weapons&highlight=okiebryan

I see your point. I did not find those comments in my search. I suppose I see both sides of it. I don't want any new interference at all, but I may not get what I want. While his suggestions may be constructive if we fail, I think we should stand strong and be active. I suggest we should try and not let these bridges divide us until we must cross them. I think it is a mistake to offer up any new constraints to improve our position. Any concessions on our part will only add to the liberty haircut they have planned for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom