well done, Okiebryan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person sees the error in a certain belief or says something unpopular, steps forward to admit they're wrong and apologizes, I see nothing wrong with just letting it go. Of course, it''s also not unreasonable to require a certain period of time to allow the 'offender' to rebuild trust through future actions and words.

So someone who starts a discussion that is unpopular, just to have a discussion, who asks why something might be a bad idea, is an "offender"? Guess I didn't get the memo that discussion is verboten.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So someone who starts a discussion that is unpopular, just to have a discussion, who asks why something might be a bad idea, is an "offender"? Guess I didn't get the memo that discussion is verboten.

Well, that's why I put the hyphens around the word in an effort to suggest that it wasn't really that big a deal to me. I've certainly made my share of bone-head remarks here and everywhere else and will likely do it again. To me, it's like the schoolyard fight where the kids involved duke it out and become BFF's.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is getting downright stupid. Can we stop crucifying Bryan yet?

The thing that is so stupid is that Bryan did exactly what we want antis to do. He voiced out loud a thought. He asked for evidence and opinions. Once he was given sound logic and facts, he made the decision that his thoughts were wrong and he saw things from the other perspective. Yet, some of you continue to blast and crucify him

Both sides of the gun debate are doing exactly what they are accusing others of: not keeping an open mind and not hearing out the evidence being presented. No, you do not have to agree with or change your position, but don't we owe each other the decency to listen? Bryan wasn't persuaded by being beat down and bullied, which both sides try and do to each other. He was persuaded with sound arguments and factual evidence that he was open to hearing. If you win over an anti with your facts, then continue to beat them down, you will lose them back to the other side and never have that chance to regain a friend I the war for our freedoms.

We can be passionate patriots and warriors without being the bullies the other side portrays us to be. Isn't this exactly what people are blasting piers Morgan for doing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom