Well it is totaled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have driven many different vehicles in snow and ice and mud from Oklahoma to Washington state and most were Rear wheel drive. Many were cars that are light in the rear.
You just need the right tires.
Or the correct things on your tires when it gets posted that you have to put them on.
:)

I have seen lots of vehicles of all kinds in ditches and I kept out of them.
Went to Angel Fire NM and they shut down I40 the day we got there.
Probably 30 cars off in the ditches.
Keep great snow tires around for those situations.
I had people asking me how I got there in a rear wheel drive.

It will be fine.
I agree with you. BUT, there might be a slight difference between your driving style and that of Ricks wife.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you. BUT, there might be a slight difference between your driving style and that of Ricks wife.
You know the "Oh Crap" handles inside some cars? When the wife is driving I know it pretty well. :P Normally she is a very good driver but as she has gotten older she sometimes has issues. Back in 2019 she totaled her Mercury the same way when I was in the hospital. Broke a rib then too.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the "Oh Crap" handles inside some cars? When the wife is driving I know it pretty well. :P Normally she is a very good driver but as she has gotten older she sometimes has issues. Back in 2019 she totaled her Mercury the same way when I was in the hospital. Broke a rib then too.
She’s on a roll literally into stuff. No amount of slapping is going to cure that. Lol

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm. Let's hope we don't see y'all on the news driving into a 7-11 in your new Nissan.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing about that Nissan is it's kinda fast. I only got on it once and it surprised me. Had a guy in a Chevy 3500 not wanting to let me over and he stomped on the gas. Without running it hard I easily merged safely and never saw the guy again. I think it's rated at 240hp but it has great torque. It's the same engine they put in the 350z. And it's rear wheel drive. So you won't go anywhere in ice or snow. Would be a great sleeper turbo car because they make kits for the exact engine.
Sounds like neither of them need to step out on the porch when it’s icy. No offense Rick. You bailed changing a light bulb.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like neither of them need to step out on the porch when it’s icy. No offense Rick. You bailed changing a light bulb.
I did not bail changing a lite bulb, I did on changing a ceiling fan. At least not that I can remember. Well right out of the hospital I might have since I could barely walk, I change lite bulbs all the time now.

I am trying to work up the courage to mount my flag pole holder. Not sure I can spend that much time on a ladder drilling into the brick without leg issues. On the bright side, they are no longer talking about cutting them off so I am steadily improving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom