Well it is totaled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t want to throw a monkey wrench in montesa’s car deal, but with you and your wife’s driving issues, would using an uber or some sort of ride service be a safer and maybe cheaper option for just groceries and doctors visits?
Not really. Plus there are times when the daughter has a seizure in the middle of the night and we have to get there in a hurry. Also I really do not have any trouble driving now as long as I have good mirrors for backing up. I can not twist my upper body that well.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. I'm just OCD about this car stuff. I've driven about 40 miles and the light hasn't come back on so maybe we're good. Working on detailing today. Going to put on a new set of front brake pads also. They arent squeaking yet but will be before long.

Holy smokes, you're going the long mile to fix up a car to sell to Rick.

...you got anything else for sale?
: ) (humor)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree he does not need to go that far but around here I have learned to just shut my mouth when one of the guys does something nice for you unless you have questions about something. Personally I do not think he needed to detail it either as we would have been thrilled as long as it drives good.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Haha I always do this. One time I sold a boat. It was priced right as is but this guy just kept asking for one more thing. By the time he picked it up I had rewired the trolling motor, new lights on trailer, bearings, threw in a switch panel, a ton more stuff. Original factory service manual for the outboard. Mess of spare parts. New fuel line fittings. I told him I would have been better off just giving it to him as is. We still keep in contact. But turns out he owns a heavy equipment company and he made it clear when I can afford a pond one day he will seriously hook me up.

Funny thing, the guy asked for my number for the brake pad warranty. Gave them ricks number. He was in the AutoZone system. Also got a bottle of cataclean to try. It's not cheap and needs to be poured in the tank with less than 4 gallons of gas.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha I always do this. One time I sold a boat. It was priced right as is but this guy just kept asking for one more thing. By the time he picked it up I had rewired the trolling motor, new lights on trailer, bearings, threw in a switch panel, a ton more stuff. Original factory service manual for the outboard. Mess of spare parts. New fuel line fittings. I told him I would have been better off just giving it to him as is. We still keep in contact. But turns out he owns a heavy equipment company and he made it clear when I can afford a pond one day he will seriously hook me up.

Funny thing, the guy asked for my number for the brake pad warranty. Gave them ricks number. He was in the AutoZone system. Also got a bottle of cataclean to try. It's not cheap and needs to be poured in the tank with less than 4 gallons of gas.
Yep I have bought a bunch of parts from Autozone thru the years. Enough they should give me a discount but they never do. 🤣 🤣

Oh and the hinges are pretty cheap and something I can easily handle installing myself. I looked them up online and the OEM part is $24. I will probably need to do both unless it is just the pins that are worn, and a set of those is even cheaper. Well within our budget.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I have bought a bunch of parts from Autozone thru the years. Enough they should give me a discount but they never do. 🤣 🤣

Oh and the hinges are pretty cheap and something I can easily handle installing myself. I looked them up online and the OEM part is $24. I will probably need to do both unless it is just the pins that are worn, and a set of those is even cheaper. Well within our budget.
Well ok. I'm not doing the pads now but I did get them for you. I have some injuries and those lug nuts were put on by a gorilla I think. Will need an impact. Just can't risk it.

No offense rick, but replacing those hinges isn't as easy as you might think. The door is heavy and getting everything aligned back correctly isn't easy. You would have to hang the door from something above. But maybe you can. I have the correct part numbers written down.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well ok. I'm not doing the pads now but I did get them for you. I have some injuries and those lug nuts were put on by a gorilla I think. Will need an impact. Just can't risk it.

No offense rick, but replacing those hinges isn't as easy as you might think. The door is heavy and getting everything aligned back correctly isn't easy. You would have to hang the door from something above. But maybe you can. I have the correct part numbers written down.
Yes I have done them before on other cars. I hang them from the garage door track. Not a perfect line up but with a little effort they work ok. And it is okay about the brake pads too. I was planning ahead and figured when I needed a brake job I could get the rotors turned or replaced at the same time.

Thank you for all you have done on it and for offering us a heck of a deal. Wife is thrilled she will be able to pick her own cookies at the store since ordering them online they keep sending the wrong cookies. Yes I married a cookie monster. :P

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I have done them before on other cars. I hang them from the garage door track. Not a perfect line up but with a little effort they work ok. And it is okay about the brake pads too. I was planning ahead and figured when I needed a brake job I could get the rotors turned or replaced at the same time.

Thank you for all you have done on it and for offering us a heck of a deal. Wife is thrilled she will be able to pick her own cookies at the store since ordering them online they keep sending the wrong cookies. Yes I married a cookie monster. :P
Hopefully it’s just pins and bushings. I’m sure know this but, if you have to remove the door for pin install carefully mark whe the hinge was on the side you removed from. I’d have help and a floor jack handy. I replaced a door once due to being crushed it took a bit to get everything adjusted and can be a little frustrating.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just pins and bushings. I’m sure know this but, if you have to remove the door for pin install carefully mark whe the hinge was on the side you removed from. I’d have help and a floor jack handy. I replaced a door once due to being crushed it took a bit to get everything adjusted and can be a little frustrating.
Yes it can. I marked around the old hinge with a marker and even then it took some tinkering.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Took me a little longer to get going because I couldn't find my dental pick set for the detailing.

Jokes. There's still plenty of dog hair and dirt for rick. But it's knocked back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom