Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Some great deer to the others that have posted since my last one. I love seeing everyone's deer and hearing their stories. Hope you get a better one before the end of season Kyle and we are waiting patiently for your pictures Eli!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After waiting 3 long days to rifle hunt, I finally got the chance to go out early this morning. I made the decision the night before to go to the tree stand that I've been going with my bow. The 3 or so days that I've bow hunted, I've seen numerous deer from all directions, both bucks and does, so that was the place to go.

I hopped into the stand at 0630 and set myself up and prepared myself to shoot 3 deer today :) Along comes 0930 and NOTHING, I see NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I couldn't believe it. All the days that I've gone out there with my bow, I have seen deer from 25 to 150 yards, and the one day that I go out with my rifle, I see nothing....... It's almost like "just the tip", freaking deer see me with a bow and say, "Eli is a sorry bow hunter, he won't be able to kill any of us" and now that I'm out there with a gun, "Stay out of his sight, he's a KILLER with a gun!" I know right. Freaking bastards.... So after zero movement, I decide to climb down, hop into the truck and move up higher into the ground blind on top of the hill looking towards the stand.

I hop into the blind at about 0945 and set up all my gear and sit. I've had success seeing deer in the blind, but it almost being noon, I figure I MIGHT not see anything. 30 mins later I look straight down and see movement. The blind to the pipeline road is approximately 200-225 yards. I initially saw this deer approximately 150 or so yards in. I run a Noveske AR with an EOtech, so no magnification to see what the hell it is. I wasn't quite sure what it was just yet, def not a cow, smaller then a horse, kinda looked like a jackass. A jackass? LOL, yeah I know, I said the same thing. Then I see the sign, its tail flips up and POW, it's white. Deer confirmed AND at almost 200-225 yards... I wasn't sure if it was a buck or a doe, but at that time it didn't matter, I had purchased all 3 of my rifle tags and hadn't filled any, and trophies don't matter to me as I'm hunting for FOOD!. I place my dot in the middle of the deer and BOOM!, the deer drops, wiggles around a bit and stops moving. This is my view of the deer. Can you find it? :)

i97.photobucket.com_albums_l229_yinnhia_IMG_0541.jpg

I sit and wait 30 or so mins in case another deer comes into view, and nothing, so I drive back down towards the blind and I find this.

i97.photobucket.com_albums_l229_yinnhia_IMG_0542.jpg

It's a little bigger then it looks. I guess according to the Department of Wildlife, 1" horns count as a point, so it's technically a very close 8 pointer... I say it's more of a 6 pointer... Whatever though, it being my second year hunting, it's my largest buck so far ;)

i97.photobucket.com_albums_l229_yinnhia_IMG_0544.jpg

And here is a picture of the myself and the deer about 6 hours after being shot.

i97.photobucket.com_albums_l229_yinnhia_IMG_0546.jpg

I went to Wal-Mart and bought me some binos so that I see WTF it is without wasting much time. I go back tomorrow with my rifle AND my bow, in hopes of bagging my remaining rifle tags and maybe a deer with my bow. Wish me luck!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shootin. I just got an eotech myself and need to get out and practice some more only put about 40 rounds down the tube to zero it, think I'm gonna like it. A shot that far with no magnification is pretty impressive. Good luck with the rest of ur tags.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good shootin. I just got an eotech myself and need to get out and practice some more only put about 40 rounds down the tube to zero it, think I'm gonna like it. A shot that far with no magnification is pretty impressive. Good luck with the rest of ur tags.

Thanks. With a good 50 yard zero, 200 yards is POA/POI.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is an 8 pt Eli. Glad you got him. I can not shoot precise enough at 200 yrds with my eotech to put good shots on deer. Eyes too old I guess. I love magnification.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
great deer everyone! good luck to all tonight,even though its warm,something feels right about tonight! headed out in a few minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom