Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple pics of a little guy I took last night. The daughter is absolutely pumped about it. She had just came home from ballet class as I was dragging it up on the back patio.

This guy came by twice last night, 6:30 and right at 7. The first time was a little over 100 yards and not really headed my way, so I let him walk. Second time he waltzed right up to the feeder and left me with either spooking him to leave in 30 minutes or just taking him, and you can see what I did. This was one of the bucks I told my girl friend she could take as her first deer. I told her I wouldn't take him before rifle season...opps. In the :30 minute period of the first and second sightings he went and whipped up a few trees. His antlers were full of fresh green tree bark.

i169.photobucket.com_albums_u206_79289chase_Shooting_20and_20Hunting_2.jpg

i169.photobucket.com_albums_u206_79289chase_Shooting_20and_20Hunting_1.jpg

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first year hunting and first year ever using a compound bow, so I was extremely excited (like giddy little boy on Christmas morning) to get this guy on 24 Oct. I was 15' up in the stand and he was about 25 yards out. He came in about 15 min after sunrise and gave me a good broadside. This was only my second time out and I definitely had the nerves going when I pulled back. Ended up shooting him a little high and further back then I wanted, but he only made it about 60 yards before he dropped.
i223.photobucket.com_albums_dd251_steeltanto_c526912d.jpg

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
She sure is pumped up about that deer, lol. But I have had deer commit suicide like that before also.

That made me laugh. If only he knew what was to come of him self after death lol.

Fireproof that's a great first deer. Especially for a bow. I love the sound of an arrow hitting the deer. I am glad that smoke pole season is about over so I can start carrying the bow again. I forgot just how giddy I get till I shot mine Monday.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love to see the the youth getting involved. Great job Patrick!

Chase that picture of your girl is priceless!

While I was sitting in my stand Saturday, I thought just how difficult shooting a deer would be with a bow. Awesome job Fireproof!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice job guys. Congrats on the first bowkill Fireproof; there's no turning back now.

Gah, what a season and what a week. I've been running ragged and bumbling about without much luck. Made it to the lease at 4:05; I didn't even have time to change so I hunted in street clothes and work boots. I run out 40 yards from camp with my pruners and clear a few branches from the cedar I sat under last night (from which I bumbled a shot a big doe). 4:15 I sit down and notice a button buck 60 yards out. I watch the button feed in the rain until 4:50 or so when I turn to glance over my left shoulder and see this 8 point standing 16 yards away and slowly coming towards me. Now, this is the size of deer I passed multiple times last year...but I didn't even hesitate on him tonight. Sometimes you got break your bad luck cycle and get some meat on the ground so you can regain your focus. I've never had such bad luck trying to get a dang doe in the freezer as I have this year. Oh well, this guy will cook up the same.

I'll be out with a bow the rest of the week, and won't be shooting at another buck this year unless he's up there with my personal best.

BTW...his tarsals were dark and he reeked. The shavings in his antlers say he's been rubbing today; these next three weeks should be prime time. I'm loving this cold, rainy weather.

015.JPG

002.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom