What a beautiful day at Red Castle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was kidless this weekend so I went out to Red Castle this morning and stayed out there for several hours. At one point I pretty much had the place to myself. Great temp, a little windy but I spent most of my time plinking .22s at metal ducks.

We are lucky to have a place as nice as RCGC. My only regret is not joining sooner.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to get back out there myself. It's been a while, and I spent most of my last few visits shooting 500-yard silhouettes that I forget what's out there. Is there a spot at RC where I can try variants on the El Presidente drill? Did the cowboy action area wipe out all the tactical pistol bays?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the cowboy group took over all the action pistol bays. Pretty much screwed all of us who used to practice there. Not happy with Red Castle for doing that.

Well, cr@p. Now I'll have to think about switching my membership to USSA or Oil Capital, though it'd suck to lose the ability to shoot 300-500 yards :mad:

Sorry to hijack your thread, Flat!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the cowboy group took over all the action pistol bays. Pretty much screwed all of us who used to practice there. Not happy with Red Castle for doing that.

You can still shoot the falling plates as long as they don't have a
match going on.
Also there is a set on the junior range.
Remember this though, NO RIFLES! at those plates. Never is allowed. Never was allowed.
Shawn Thornton was kind enough to take them to town and repair them all.
lets make them last a while. Please!

Since the juniors mostly use the indoor range. The junior range (first one you pass coming down the hill) has been taken over by guys shooting the tombstone type targets and falling plates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom