What are Oklahomans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most Oklahomans are:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I run Oklahoma tags, even though I could go tribal. Not funding schools? Sign me right the F up!

Good information, thanks.
I was told that on “regular” Oklahoma tags a portion goes to help with funding schools that are in the county where you register and tribal all goes to tribal. I may be wrong? My kids do not attend a public school, the ones here are terrible and we chose to send them to where we can see what they are being taught so basically I’m paying for someone else’s kids to get crappy education and have the possibility to be taken advantage of sexually by a school employee(s).
Long story but not joking about the sexual abuse that had/has happened at this school district. If you dig you can find out what I am talking about, probably google “Perry sexual abuse”.
The guy that had been doing this is in hell getting pineapples shoved up his dumper, only one can hope. He did die in prison before anyone else got there hands on him.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In response to his "none of the counties voted blue" comment. Look, the fact is the cities are blue, the rural areas are red. Ther is about an even distribution of corresponding people in each area. For those of you too dense to understand what the words I'm using are or have short attention spans and can't follow along for more than a few posts, I'm saying there are as many democrats living in the cities as there are republicans living in rural areas. Jesus people, I can teach it to you but I can't learn it for you.

Two more buttoned out.

Considering that there is a fair amount of "Oklahoma City" that is out in the country, the "City" takes up most of Oklahoma County and even parts of Canadian county that I can speak of with some knowledge of where the city limits go. So, with that in mind, Oklahoma county is largely the "Oklahoma City metropolitan area." And does Moore constitute part of the metropolitan area? What county does Moore belong in?

And don't forget that your second post, the one that you didn't quote above from my posting, stated that the county went blue by a small margin. Granted, there are probably a higher percentage of Dems in both Oklahoma and Tulsa counties, but what you originally posted didn't really state it that way.

Sorry that we can't read your mind to "know" what you really meant to say. Maybe you need to do a better job of "teaching" others?

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard many people of various races and political persuasions tell me that Oklahomans are strangely conservative and liberal at the same time.

We’re a state with some of, if not the loosest “medical” marijuana laws in the nation (a perceived liberal stance) and very few restrictions on gun ownership, possession and carry (a perceived conservative stance).

I have long believed that Oklahomans for the most part are true libertarians. Live and let live. Do what you will but leave me and mine to do what we will. If you’re not harming me or my family what you do is none of my business. You get the point.

Just for fun, I’m curious what this particular group thinks! I’m not going to participate in any political conversations and I don’t want to start any arguments. Just curious!
I’m a conservative libertarian ( I’m happy to live and let live, except in all pedophile issues, I’m a gun toting redneck hippy). I love my freedom, my guns, family, my VWs, my streetrod, Harley’s and Hondas, so you might have a problem pinning me down. I hate child molesters and sincerely believe each and everyone of them should have their pecked nailed to a stump, be handed a butter knife and set the stump on fire.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for dictatorship, as long as I can be the dictator!!
I keep telling people "I would be an excellent World Dictator. I can assure you that I would have your best interest in my heart."

I am trying to build a global political power base.

I'm sorry to say the work is progressing more slowly than I had hoped.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a true Liberal (or Libertarian) society there would be no drugs outlawed.

I can't disagree. I am an adult. You are an adult. We can both take our own decisions about what to do with, or ingest in, our bodies.

You want to do drugs ? Fine, I have no problems with that, as long as you don't endanger the rest of society as a result.

You want to have sex with how many other adults ? Fine, as long as everyone consents.

Whatever you do on private property, with however many consenting adults, is the business of the adults involved. No one else.

When you steal to support your habit, or drive under the influence, well then I have a problem with that. Up to that point, it's not my business, or my concern.
Nailed it!

Reactions: V98

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted that most Oklahomans are conservative. That is undoubtable true compared to most California and New York liberals. And more than a few supposedly conservative Texans.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Constitutionalist. Original intent at the time of writing. If you don't like the meaning of a particular part, there is a mechanism to make changes. Beyond that, IMHO, politicians need to leave well enough alone....

Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. No guarantees of happiness, but you are free to pursue it.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Libertarianism - Libertarianism is a philosophy that upholds liberty as its core value.

Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, and minimize the state; emphasizing free association, freedom of choice, individualism and voluntary association.

Not the “official party” the philosophy!
Fun discussion! We need more discussion and less arguing in this world. Arguing is not going to change my mind about anything. In fact, arguing tends to make me just reinforce my opinion. Discussion on the other hand sometimes makes me go hmmmm, maybe this person had a valid point!

Keep the discussion going, we may all take something valuable away from it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom