What are these moon clip looking doohickeys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with dh, they don't look like moon clips. Do you have a J frame to see if they line up with the cylinders? Do any shell casings fit in the openings? It doesn't look like there's enough metal to wrap around and hold a shell casing in them, you would expect the clip to grip them just enough to keep the casing in it.

Notice the marking around the center hole. They wouldn't turn in a cylinder with shells in them even if they fit but it looks like circular wear marks around the center. These look like something held in place by a bolt and washer.

All of them I've ever seen look more like this....
View attachment 300210
Half Moon Clips?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe they are bull riding spur rowels the stamp on them Gay's should indicate Don Gay equipment
DING DING DING DING
1662304443899.png

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thought they were nipple spinners
I believe they are very used and abused extractor plates from some type of 5 shot revolver, possibly like an old owl head type. That is my GUESS. They definitely ain’t part of spurs I would wear for function. Check and see if the rounded out part would catch like a 38 s&w or special, or 40?

Latest posts

Top Bottom