what are you feelings on a CCW with a trigger job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what has been discussed before, and I agree. Could be used against you in a defensive shooting case. I do have a heavier trigger in my glock and can hopefully argue that I am trying to be safer with it.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to get a trigger job on my M&P .40c, the take-up is super gritty.

I just did a PRP drop in trigger on my XDM .40 the other night and i'm kind of on the fence about carrying it until i get proficient with it. I might be a little over cautious but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. The PRP trigger has reduced the trigger pull from 8.1lbs to 4.5lbs, has take the creep/pre travel down by half, there is no over travel, and has reduced the reset after firing by half. Over all the trigger has reduced everything by half if not more and I'm very pleased with it thus far.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what has been discussed before, and I agree. Could be used against you in a defensive shooting case. I do have a heavier trigger in my glock and can hopefully argue that I am trying to be safer with it.

Do you know of any case law where that has not only been brought up, but determined the outcome? I've never heard of or seen any. Than ANY modification could be used against you in court correct? A better trigger pull could be argued that it creates better trigger control and creates less of a chance of missing your target.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know of any case law where that has not only been brought up, but determined the outcome? I've never heard of or seen any. Than ANY modification could be used against you in court correct? A better trigger pull could be argued that it creates better trigger control and creates less of a chance of missing your target.

No Sir I have not. In the theoretical discussions we have had in the past, it made sense to me about an over zealous DA arguing that you modified the gun to be more deadly, or someone was looking for trouble because they made the gun more dangerous or easier to shoot. I am not arguing either way, only discussing the OP's question.

okiecgc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Apex in my M&P and love it. I have it set right around 4.5 lbs. I train with this set up and it fits and functions me good. In my opinion you use what you are comfortable with and train with. I would not suggest getting a trigger job and just start carrying with out training, just my opinion.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The counter argument is that a lighter trigger (and training) make the gun more accurate and that is good for bystanders.

I've got my Glock tuned down to about 4#.

I've heard a lot of speculation from people like Massad Ayoob about it, but don't remember a specific case ever being cited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom