what are you feelings on a CCW with a trigger job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luckily, here in the great state of Oklahoma we are safe from civil suits after a lawful act of self defense.

What with so many liberal court judges around these days who legislate from the bench, there can always be exceptions to what we think are set-in-stone rules / laws.

If you use a highly modified handgun for self defense or use commercial ammo that you have altered.. say by cutting X's into the tips.... some liberal anti-gun judge might just rule that while you weren't prosecuted by the state...you exceeded what 'he' considered to be reasonable self defense boundries... and that by your modification you were deliberately intending on inflicting death or as much serious bodily injury as you possibly could, and was not just trying to stop a threat.... and therefore allow a family to bring a personal liability suit.

Same can be said for what we post in forums like this one... some clever ambulance chaser goes back and finds where a person once posted that he would always 'shoot to kill' if he ever used his weapon for self defense... can go to a judge and say see... he wrote himself that he intended to kill my client's husband or father.. not just stop him. In that case, you might not be charged criminally, but still find yourself facing civil liability. You might eventually win on appeal... but that could take yrs and cost you tens of 1,000's of dollars!

That is kind of what the prosecutors [& the Martin family lawyers] are doing to Zimmerman down in Florida.. they are searching his FB & forum postings going back yrs and interviewing co-workers & neighbors from yrs ago just to get some kind of dirt on him to show he is a racist or had ever said he would 'shoot to kill' anyone who ever attacked him. Point is, don't put your complete trust in judges.. some liberal judges these days legislate the law as they go.. and you may have to correct it on appeal if you can afford it or find some lawyer willing to do it Pro bono.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand, if you want to do it yourself, get a ransom rest, lube your gun properly mount your gun in it (DA/SA only), but a snap cap it in, set up a contraption where by a lever automatically pulls the trigger every 5 seconds or so and let her rip. If anything it would naturally smooth out the trigger pull after several hundred thousand trigger pulls.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 of my Glocks for CCW have trigger jobs, one doesn't. I carry different guns depending on what I'm doing and what I'm wearing, but I make a point of shooting all of them regularly so that the difference between triggers doesn't throw me off. It's really just personal preference and what you feel comfortable with.

That being said, when I carry at work it's usually when I'm going out to work at a job site, and that means there's a good chance I'll be moving around quite a bit, bending down, kneeling, etc, and it makes it really hard to conceal anything on my back because my shirt always pulls up, so I'll carry the G27 with the factory trigger front tucked in an IWB holster. I'm not incredibly comfortable with the general direction the gun is pointed when I carry like that, so I opt for the heavier trigger pull for a little more peace of mind.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My carry weapons are all factory builds. I don't want to give any lawyers any ammo against me. Although, I have to evidence to back that statement up. I'm just not taking the chance. I train with my carry weapons and I carry what I train with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom