What carry knives are you in love with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rotate between this large Sebenza, a small Sebenza, and an older Benchmade 9100.

You Sir, have Excellent taste in knives. I had a large Sebenza that I carried for 2-3 years before it disappeared on me. Best folding knife I've ever owned. For fixed blade carry I have a Chris Reeve 5 1/2" Green Beret that has served me well.

cigman1st

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ridgebacks for me

i1087.photobucket.com_albums_j480_cigman1st1_Rdgbks.jpg

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My carry for the last few years has been this Boker Trance comboedge given to me by my in-laws as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I purchased a Leatherman Skeletool CX and carried it for awhile because I didn't really feel like carrying both in my pockets all the time. I like the Skeletool because of the pliers and the bit driver, but to me the knife even with the 154cm blade was kind of disappointing. I misused it prying some light metals and broke off a small piece off the end of the blade. I've misused my Boker Trance as long as i've had it with the less sought after AUS8, and have never had a problem.

I'm considering picking up a Benchmade mini-grip sometime in the near future though.

IMAG0018.jpg

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the Leatherman are still made in Portland, Oregon. I dunno if it's Chinese parts or American. I have never, ever seen "China" stamped on my pair of Leathermans anywhere.

I'll second that! Was in Portland last fall; about a month before I went out there I reserved a place on their plant tour. As I recall, it's only offered once a week on Wednesday mornings. The tour was conducted by a long-time employee of the company who knew all the departments and pretty much every employee there. They gave us each a visitor badge, safety goggles, and a headset so that the tour leader could communicate with us over the noise in certain areas of the plant - then we proceeded right into the factory for about an hour and a half walking tour of the entire facility! Saw all the stages from unrolling steel; to stamping; to final assembly (that day they were making PS4s); to the customer returns area. Very clean, large, modern manufacturing facility with many employees who legitimately seemed happy to work there. Many times they would stop the tour and let us reach in a container of newly-stamped blades or other parts just to feel them and see them up close in each stage of production. I liked Leatherman tools before; like them even more after I saw their attention to detail and the way each tool is assembled at the end by hand and checked in detail by a human before it's approved and released to packaging.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never leave home without my Swiss Army Classic:

[Broken External Image]

And if I suspect there may be trouble I grab my Spyderco Bug:

[Broken External Image]

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a little Buck three blade in my pocket and a Leatherman Pulse on my belt. ALWAYS! The Leatherman is so handy. No, I don't think you can rebuild an engine with in the middle of the Kalihari Desert, but it is handy. A few years ago our boss outlawed using Stanley knives to cut ragger rope with (2 inch diameter poly rope), so now I use the serrated blade on my Leatherman. I can cut through it with three slices most of the time, sometimes it takes 4. Everyone else uses pruning shears, but you have to chew on the rope with them forever. If I ever cut myself with the Leatherman bad enough that I can't get out the gate without reporting it, then they'll be outlawed too. No, I didn't cut myself with a Stanley knife, but a couple of others did, so in the interest of safety we can't use them anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom