What carry knives are you in love with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Case Canoe that I absolutely love. It rides in the bottom of my left front pocket.

hometownusastores.com_images_caseknives_00780.jpg

And I also tote a Leatherman Skeletool clipped to the inside of my right front pocket. The Skeletool is different than most Leathermans. Instead of being a multi-tool with a knife blade, the Skeletool is kinda like a folding knife with a pair of pliers and four screwdrivers.

[Broken External Image]

It has a folding blade that is accessible from the outside with a thumb hole kinda like a Spydie, but you can open it up to reveal a pair of pliers, as well as two double ended bits with both a larger and smaller sized flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers. It also has a carabiner built into the handle that doubles as a pop/beer bottle opener.

Here's a vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZBUlQwvBs

I also have my blue Leatherman Squirt PS4 and a Fenix E15 on my keychain.

I've debated on the skelatool. Are they still made in the US? A lot of the leatherman stuff I've seen recently was assembled in the US from chinese parts which kind of scared me.

I also like the Case Canoe's classic lines, but I've never really gotten the point of carrying two blades on one knife. Am I missing something?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe after my Spyderco habit winds down a little. I added the Ambitious to my Tenacious (2 of the series of 4 identical looking but different sized) - then last night I ordered the other two models - the Persistence and the Resilience.

I also got the Spyderco Manix 2 in lightweight translucent blue grips :O
MANIX

I have been carrying the Spyderco Dragonfly lightweight model, and I have a purple grip Delica 4 on it's way for my girlfriend - going to duracoat the blade pink and engrave her name!

You sir, have Spydiemeningitis! :yikes2:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've debated on the skelatool. Are they still made in the US? A lot of the leatherman stuff I've seen recently was assembled in the US from chinese parts which kind of scared me.

I also like the Case Canoe's classic lines, but I've never really gotten the point of carrying two blades on one knife. Am I missing something?

Yes, the Leatherman are still made in Portland, Oregon. I dunno if it's Chinese parts or American. I have never, ever seen "China" stamped on my pair of Leathermans anywhere.

As for the Canoe? I dunno...I just like that particular style. I wouldn't say that I use both blades equally, the larger blade does see more use than the smaller one. But yeah, that little guy gets some play time too. And besides...isn't TWO blades better than one? :anyone:

stevie_d

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sir, have Spydiemeningitis! :yikes2:

I know, but I don't want it to be that way - don't MEAN to only be into one brand! I also own a couple Ka-Bar knives I like. I'm trying to learn new brands that are my style!

For guys that like LIGHT knives... this Ka-Bar Dozier folder is awesome and cheap. Great value for the price... http://amzn.to/KIEjMG I have the orange one, but also love the coyote brown.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the Leatherman are still made in Portland, Oregon. I dunno if it's Chinese parts or American. I have never, ever seen "China" stamped on my pair of Leathermans anywhere.

As for the Canoe? I dunno...I just like that particular style. I wouldn't say that I use both blades equally, the larger blade does see more use than the smaller one. But yeah, that little guy gets some play time too. And besides...isn't TWO blades better than one? :anyone:

Fair enough! I've just noticed that you seem to put a lot of thought into what you carry around and wondered why you chose double blades.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man... the Spydie PM2 is on my list - thanks (and no thanks) for reminding me of it :o

It's my favorite knife.

Although I gotta admit that today I'm carrying a much cheaper folder about the same size, the Ontario RAT Model 1, and it is a fantastic "beater" knife. Solid with a well thought out design.

And you can buy three or four of them for the price of one Para 2! The value is off the charts.

stevie_d

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my favorite knife.

Although I gotta admit that today I'm carrying a much cheaper folder about the same size, the Ontario RAT Model 1, and it is a fantastic "beater" knife. Solid with a well thought out design.

And you can buy three or four of them for the price of one Para 2! The value is off the charts.

Bastard! Bringing up the RAT - another wishlist knife!

Latest posts

Top Bottom