What did you all have for Christmas dinner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reich10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had alot of stuff but my favorite was the fried turkey. My dad and I just injected it with melted butter and garlic and fried it till done then let it set in the oven at 180 for an hour. man it was amazing. and we managed not to burn our house down while doing it. haha

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beer bread ....... do "we" have a recipe?? :ugh2:

GC worked so we are gonna go out Thursday night for our combo Christmas/New Year's dinner. I want to go to Mickey Mantles so I can have some carpaccio ... we will probably wind up at Charlestons so GC can get a hamburger and fries ... lol That's okay ... I'll just drink some extra wine. I love being married to a tee-totaller ... lol

Here you go! Simple but very good recipe:

BEER BREAD

3 c self-rising flour
¾ c sugar
12 oz bottle of beer

Preheat oven to 375. Butter a loaf pan and set aside. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and beer. Mix well, mixture will be sticky. Place into loaf pan; bake 55 minutes or until golden brown.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prime rib here too. We were supposed to have prime rib with the neighbors but they were piling their guts out so it was just us.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family got a ham and turkey breast from the Honey Baked Ham Co.
Thats been the tradition for many years.
All the side dishes: beans, potato salad, veggie tray, stuffing, home-made applesauce, etc.
Desert was mom's cheesecake and/or pineapple-upside-down cake.
Everybody was issued a tin of various mom's cookies to take home also.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, gravy, homemade dressing, rolls, green bean casserole, sausage balls, apple pie, pumpkin loaf, pecan pie, homemade fudge, homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade lemonade

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, gravy, homemade dressing, rolls, green bean casserole, sausage balls, apple pie, pumpkin loaf, pecan pie, homemade fudge, homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade lemonade

And you ate it all!!!:thumb:

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And you ate it all!!!:thumb:

He is still having the balls.:bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom