What did you all have for Christmas dinner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This: I bought an 8 lb Prime Rib, bone in, from Cossey's in Mustang...cost me a $130 but it was damn good and the kids loved it.

ROCK-SALT PRIME RIB

6-8 LB PRIME RIB
WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE
FRESHLY CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
DISPOSABLE TURKEY PAN
10 - 12 LBS ROCK SALT
SPRAY BOTTLE OF WATER

BRUSH PRIME RIB WITH WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE, RUB WITH FRESHLY CRACKED BLACK PEPPER. PLACE A LAYER OF ROCK SALT IN THE PAN. LAY THE PRIME RIB ON TOP OF THE SALT AND COVER COMPLETELY WITH THE REMAINING ROCK SALT.

LIGHTLY MIST THE SALT WITH A SPRAY BOTTLE OF WATER AND PACK IT AROUND THE PRIME RIB TO FORM A CAST.

BAKE AT 500 FOR 14 MINUTES PER LB FOR MEDIUM RARE AND 16 MINUTES PER LB FOR MEDIUM. REMOVE FROM OVEN AND ALLOW TO STAND FOR 15 MINUTES.

USING A HAMMER, WHACK IT GOOD TO CRACK THE CAST. PEEL THE SALT OFF THE PRIME RIB AND SERVE.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man, that sounds good....and easy. I've never tried my own prime rib, but I'm going to now!

When you cook it, DON'T be opening the oven door to check; all you'll see is salt and you let the heat out. High heat is a key to this.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Furr's Buffet. Not a bad meal, but the people.....:screwy:. Folks yelling at their kids, blowing their noses at the dinner table or even worse picking their nose.....man!!!! Last time I do that.

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cajun Seafood Boil...small red potatoes, corn, sausage, king crab, snow crab, shrimp, crawfish tails boil it all up in cajun seasoning and throw it on the table and go for it.. I also added some fried frog legs and lamb fries from Lavera's in Krebs.... It was awesome....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tenderloin, cheese grits and beer bread

Beer bread ....... do "we" have a recipe?? :ugh2:

GC worked so we are gonna go out Thursday night for our combo Christmas/New Year's dinner. I want to go to Mickey Mantles so I can have some carpaccio ... we will probably wind up at Charlestons so GC can get a hamburger and fries ... lol That's okay ... I'll just drink some extra wine. I love being married to a tee-totaller ... lol

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cajun Seafood Boil...small red potatoes, corn, sausage, king crab, snow crab, shrimp, crawfish tails boil it all up in cajun seasoning and throw it on the table and go for it.. I also added some fried frog legs and lamb fries from Lavera's in Krebs.... It was awesome....

With the exception if the lamb fries it all sounds pretty good

Latest posts

Top Bottom