What did you get at the show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I found brass 223 FMJ for $300 otd. Everyone else was $310 + tax or more.
Slickside AR upper receiver for $60.

What deals did you find?
I saw PMags for $12, didn't buy any.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this great helicopter from a guy on the west end of the upper level. Then my luck got better and I found the table with all the baseball bats and the gloves. Gold mine. I got all the beads I needed, and some color of beads that I've been looking for years. I found all the ornaments(like christmas ornaments just not christmas themed) that my wife needed and then the doll table. Score... By this time I was having a hard time carrying all of my stuff but I was still able to get some pottery and violins. What a great day. *****Ok for those that do not get sarcasism here it is*******

But I did pick up a book about the Russians in Afghanistan before the U.S. Other than the hover rounds stopping so the driver could stand up and walk over to a table every few feet it was a great gun show.

Peanut sorry for the hijack of your thread.......

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up 500rounds of TulAmmo 7.62x39 for $120. I didn't have money to get a gun and had plenty of ammo for everything else, although buying another 440 of 7.62x54r was tempting...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up some Golden Tiger 7.62x39, and an SR22. Got to Medlock's table as a guy was pulling out the money for their last one, so I ended up getting the last one at Bullitt Firearm's table. Ugly little gun has grown on me, and after getting to handle one a friend just bought, I had to have one for the kids:wink2:. The couple in front of me was buying the 2nd to last one, and I polished them off. Found some nice used Ruger Mark II mags for $5 each, and a few other odds & ends.

On a sour note: much of the stuff I was looking at/for was higher than ever! FAL metric mags for $30, and inch mags for $40?!? WTF? Vz58 mags could be had four with a pouch for $80 - still a tad more than you can get them online, and saw zero (as usual) Vz58 rifles. Looked to me like .22 ammo has gone up dramatically, too - at least at most vendors. AKs and ARs a-plenty, and some decent prices on them. Ammo seemed to be going fast. It was nice to see all of the ladies shopping; I don't think I've ever seen that many at a Wannenmacher's show, and it looked like lots of them were looking at handguns. Good! Wall to wall humanity around 1:00, and way, way too many hoverounds, guys pulling wagons, and people bullshitting in the isles. Was assaulted by some B.O., too - who was it said they weren't going to shower for a few days ahead of time?

Met (and bothered) a member or two, and spent way more than I intended to. All in all, not bad. If I wasn't working tomorrow, I might sneak back in and see if I could snap up a few last minute bargains - if there is any.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sore feet from walking in cowboy boots all day, stopped and got another Mighty Pen , traded off some old stuff and bought a new springfield xdsc 9mm. oh and a cheap sling for my Rifle

I am not sure i have seen such wildly varying prices, some dealers were great prices others were horribly overpriced. lots of junk there though and some rude dealers who didn't want a sale. walked the whole show twice.

E

Echo4Whiskey

I sold a shotgun, but did not have any luck buying a handgun. Selection was lacking and as for told the price where to high. Not very impressed with the show this year.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very sore feet. I am a wuss. Kuddo's to Powder Valley for delivering my order with in an hour drive of my house free of charge. I finally found what I thought was a good deal on an full size M&P 40. I got a nice used one with no wear for $440 out the door. It had everything with it and neither one of the mags look like they have ever been loaded. Even if it wasn't the greatest deal I already like it better than my P2000. There was a guy on the upper level that had USP 40 police trade ins with one mag and box for $495. I almost bought one of those.

Did anyone else see the two guys on the lower level take down the guy they accused of shoplifing. It was in front of the Georgia ammo set-up on the lower level early this morning. The skinny guy was wrestling with the guy trying to get him under control and the "big" guy was yelling at him about how he didn't pay for it and he was going to jail. The accused was trying very hard to get away. I don't know if he really stole anything, but it was exciting compared to what usally goes on.

I did see the Marks Firearms Banner, but did not see a MightyPen sign. Sigh. I will have to order one. Also I had the same problem on the upper level that Ridge Hunter had last year. Farts raining down from above. It went on for a few aisles and I could not figure out from where. We even stopped for a while to try and get away from it. No luck. There was about 5000 more people than I like to be around in an enclosed space. I gotta figure out someway to get in on Fridays. All and all it was a good show. Prices on everything was pretty high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom