What Do You Collect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dennis has the most interesting stuff. Seen all his hunting pics? Makes you jealous. That dude gets like 30 controlled draws a year. I'd love to go hunting out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennis has the most interesting stuff. Seen all his hunting pics? Makes you jealous. That dude gets like 30 controlled draws a year. I'd love to go hunting out there.

I wish. Been putting in for the elk hunt at Witchita Mtns since 1970, and the antelope hunts since their inception.

Major fail to this point.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I collect empty Scotch bottles.

Only the ones I personally empty, however.

And I frequently throw them away and decide I need more.

:/

<edit> Oh, and crazy ex g/f's who are still in my life. :(

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might have been mine. I used the South Bend with a jig, in an attempt to get a high gloss finish on a gun stock. Thought I'd put it on a slow turn, and keep any runs from forming while it dryed. Didn't work. Didn't get any runs, but to get that DEEP finish, had to go old school with the finger style application,(thank you Viking) and put about 22 coats on the stock to get the look I wanted.

Last years project was a Delta Wood lathe from the 50's. The main project was the refinishing the oak/cast Iron stand. Interesting project as some oil had penetrated the wood, and when sanding it would cause a dip in the soft wood under the stain. The antique open frame electric motor that has oil pots on the bearings for the operator to lube.
I've replaced it with a modern motor for now, as I can't find a pulley for the shaft. Its a unique design. Probably build one, and get the original motor back on it. You can see the rotor spin in the open frame design. Probably wouldn't pass the OSHA inspection, LOL....
That motor on the delta lathe sounds awesome.

The restored southbend was on Craigslist.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/tls/3852912942.html

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For better or worse, I have never stayed with a collection hobby for more than a couple of years. Porsche books and memorabilia. Some coins and currency. Old soda and beer bottles. DU art. After reading Cohiba's post, I think we were separated at birth. Kinda scared for him!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I collect empty Scotch bottles.

Only the ones I personally empty, however.

And I frequently throw them away and decide I need more.

:/

<edit> Oh, and crazy ex g/f's who are still in my life. :(

:lookaroun OK, well maybe it's just me ... but ... if she's still in your life then she's not truly an ex ... is she?? :wink2: (And you work too much! :) )

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"we had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... And also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

GONZO POSTING! Yes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom