What flashlight batteries do you use and where do you get them from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry two different Stramlight lights every day, a Microstream and a ProTac. The ProTac takes 1 AA and the Microstream takes 1 AAA. I didn't want to have to buy expensive batteries all the time since I actually use them regularly. They provide plenty of light for my needs and not so much that it totally screws up my night vision.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry two different Stramlight lights every day, a Microstream and a ProTac. The ProTac takes 1 AA and the Microstream takes 1 AAA. I didn't want to have to buy expensive batteries all the time since I actually use them regularly. They provide plenty of light for my needs and not so much that it totally screws up my night vision.

Those are actually good lights. I was surprised at how much light they put out I have 2 of them. My most used flashlight. Also getting tired of the CR123's.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to using rechargable AA & AAA batteries after the big ice storm back in '09. We were without power for 7 days and went through a lot of disposable batterie$. I have a speed charger that can recharge 4 discharged batteries in 15 minutes. If the house power is out and the generator not working.. I can still recharge the batteries from my car. They are cheap and easy to get at WalMart.

I don't need super bright flashlights. Right now you can get a 2 pack of 200 lumen LED ROCKY brand flashlights at the Sam's Club near me for only $20. They use 3 AAA's each. They are bright and have a 50% / 100% power option switch. On high power they will run about 1- 1 1/2 hour before starting to get dim.

I haven't seen them in a while, but I think there is a after market adaptor tube that allows you to use regular or rechargable AA's or AAA's in a Stream light or Mag-light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom