What Gun Would You Buy With $1,000?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if you can send it back to SL and have them coat it?

I went ahead and ordered it. Shipped yesterday. Sucker is long. 5.7". Anyway, I'll try it shiny for awhile. If I just can't live with it for some reason I might get it cerakoted. Thanks for the heads up on them being hard to get.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He thinks his kimber is a superior weapon than Sig's 1911 offerings. He has a sig rifle that matches the color of the 226 scorpion. Since he thought it was cool to "match" his guns I told him he could possibly get the sig 1911 scorpion later down the road to round the group out.

I thought sig 1911s were solid guns, apparently not to him. Oh well.

They are definitely good pistols. My buddy has one and has thousands of rounds through it. It's a smooth shooting pistol for sure.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered it. Shipped yesterday. Sucker is long. 5.7". Anyway, I'll try it shiny for awhile. If I just can't live with it for some reason I might get it cerakoted. Thanks for the heads up on them being hard to get.

Post up a pic when you get it in the gun. I'll be ordering the 4.95" for the standard size.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911's Sig over Kimber.

Dan Wesson's over Sig or Kimber

Springer TRP over Sig or Kimber.

Les Baer over TRP and DW .

Pistol Dynamics CSevo for the win, or DL Sports

Other ideas - KIDD 10/22 custom for around the 1k mark, HK45C, GLock or MP with the Slide cut for RMR or red dot……like Jakerz

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911's Sig over Kimber.

Dan Wesson's over Sig or Kimber

Springer TRP over Sig or Kimber.

Les Baer over TRP and DW .

Pistol Dynamics CSevo for the win, or DL Sports

Other ideas - KIDD 10/22 custom for around the 1k mark, HK45C, GLock or MP with the Slide cut for RMR or red dot……like Jakerz

Agree. He texted me a link to an ancient thread created shortly after they were first released on the market that had some unfavorable reviews in it. I guess he got spooked by it.

He went with the sig p226 though and he is excited to get it in and take it to the range. Of course Im not one to shy away from trying it out as well :). His roommate bought a Sig 2022 a day or two ago so we are going to have a blast the next time we go to the range.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For the same amount of $$, he could get an M&P Core, Trijicon RMR and a threaded barrel from storm lake. I went this route (waiting on barrel) and I love this setup. Went with the 5" version. Sorry for the crappy photo, but it's the only one I have at the moment:

I like the way you think!

I have had Sigs, and I have had M&Ps. I definitely prefer the M&Ps, and I would really like to have the setup you have.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom