What is fair to ask for this stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traded for this 550B last year to a guy that ended up being a member on here, said he didn't know if the auto feeder worked or not, it didn't. More I stewed on it I figured he knew it didnt work, whatever. Killed my desire to want to learn reloading. Stuff has been sitting around, its missing some stuff, its just chillin in storage and I want to get rid of it. Rather play with other stuff. No idea what to ask or what is fair or if its even worth dealing with selling. How its pictured is how it comes. I know nothing about reloading and what its missing. Any advice other than "get into reloading" is welcome. I have no desire.

Attachments

• IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 0

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the main press mechanicals are in working condition, it's still a good press that you could run in single stage mode to learn.

Problem with reloading nowadays is going to be getting components for cheap enough to make reloading economical. I would imagine powder and primers are tough to get now.

I'd hang onto it. Maybe go find the factory manual and go step by step and recalibrate every part of the press and see what is good and what isn't.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That press looks to be in good shape. 80% of new is about right for Dillon. Of course you will have to figure out what’s missing and compensate but it looks to be in good order.

ETA: press looks complete with a strong mount and bullet tray added. Case feed is an add for the 550 and only does pistol calibers. Not working is a bummer but it’s worth something. Parts are available.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the main press mechanicals are in working condition, it's still a good press that you could run in single stage mode to learn.

Problem with reloading nowadays is going to be getting components for cheap enough to make reloading economical. I would imagine powder and primers are tough to get now.

I'd hang onto it. Maybe go find the factory manual and go step by step and recalibrate every part of the press and see what is good and what isn't.

Not to be a kill joy on reloading but read his last sentence.
I would not try and convince him to get into it.

Burned and angry about the entire deal will sometimes put the nail in the coffin.

I agree with @Shadowrider on pricing.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick search on Ebay shows 550s from $500 to $850 in working condition. Dillon website they start at $550 with no options. Not working as it should I would say a little south of that in price.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last 550 that was on here was similar and priced around 425 and sat there for quite a while. If the case feeder does not work it's not much of an add on ---- the Dillon warranty doesn't extend lifetime coverage to that part IIRC as it's considered an electronic rather than mechanical assembly. It's probably possible to fix, but the person should expect to either hope to get a kind Dillon rep or be inclined to fix electronics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom