Zelle and cash app

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PayPal won't process any payments for ammo or firearms. They've got those merchant codes blocked. You can use it on Bass Pro (I think) for everything but ammo and firearms.

Hopefully it was just a glitch with them and USAA. We use USAA as a funding source on our PayPal account and haven't had any issues. Only issue I've seen with CashApp is if you use their card it will sometimes be seen as a foreign issued card and be declined by some processors.

Good info. As for a CashApp card, I don't think she has one of those. I'm not sure, but the wife might have had her PayPal app for paying our lot rent linked to our checking accounts instead of the credit card. But, after the denial on the ammo, she decided that we didn't need their card, but instead, she got a CC from USAA.

5pt56

Marksman
Reaction score
PayPal is the worst of them all. People think when you send goods and services you're protected as a buyer. Wrong. That flat out isn't the case. The user agreement that you all accept and don't read the fine print says that PP, at their discretion and without cause or reason can deny any fraud claim whether you send it goods and services or not. It's a false security that everyone has with PP G&S. I can assure you that if you buy a handguard, red dot, ammo or any other "sporting goods" and you tell PP that is what it was for then your claim is getting denied. I've been there done that and so has several folks that I know directly.

The only way your electronic payments are protected is through due diligence to vet someone ahead of time that has upstanding feedback and positive ratings on this or any other forum. If you've never done business with them then ask for a piece of paper to have a code, today's date, and their username on it with the item you want to buy. Then PAY CLOSE ATTENTION if it's photo shopped. You'll always be able to tell around the edges if you zoom in and look very close. If they aren't willing to have a phone conversation, the payment email doesn't match the email they are using, etc. I usually ask them where they are shipping it from and then see if the number matches. (Mine does not so this isn't all encompassing) but it is several examples of how I compile info before sending money. All lessons learned from loss of my own hard earned dollar. YMMV.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PayPal is the worst of them all. People think when you send goods and services you're protected as a buyer. Wrong. That flat out isn't the case. The user agreement that you all accept and don't read the fine print says that PP, at their discretion and without cause or reason can deny any fraud claim whether you send it goods and services or not. It's a false security that everyone has with PP G&S. I can assure you that if you buy a handguard, red dot, ammo or any other "sporting goods" and you tell PP that is what it was for then your claim is getting denied. I've been there done that and so has several folks that I know directly.

The only way your electronic payments are protected is through due diligence to vet someone ahead of time that has upstanding feedback and positive ratings on this or any other forum. If you've never done business with them then ask for a piece of paper to have a code, today's date, and their username on it with the item you want to buy. Then PAY CLOSE ATTENTION if it's photo shopped. You'll always be able to tell around the edges if you zoom in and look very close. If they aren't willing to have a phone conversation, the payment email doesn't match the email they are using, etc. I usually ask them where they are shipping it from and then see if the number matches. (Mine does not so this isn't all encompassing) but it is several examples of how I compile info before sending money. All lessons learned from loss of my own hard earned dollar. YMMV.
Thankfully I've had good luck with folks on here (as a buyer and seller using PayPal, etc.) and in other settings like eBay.

The protection services all seem to be a scam in some sense.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once stupidly put a deposit down on something using Cash App. The person reneged on the deal and wouldn’t send my deposit back. I never heard back from Cash App on the dispute, but I did a charge back through my bank and was as easy as that. Obviously PayPal would be easier and safer, even if you lose the dispute you can appeal it, but there are still ways to protect yourself without Ppal. Just document everything, and take screenshots as you go incase they delete everything. I did call the sheriff to make a report as my bank said they needed it, but they never actually asked for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom