Zelle and cash app

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking on Facebook marketplace and I see some reloading equip, priced a little too good to be true, and it's in Kansas City. I send a msg to see if the guy would ship, after several hours he comes back and says he'll ship on his dime to make it fair. So I ask how do I pay you and make myself feel protected, he says just do Zelle, then he says you can do cash app. And I say I'll pass. There were other small red flags, but damn, it was a deal. So is Zelle and cash app just a defined no no? I've used Paypal with no problems and CC's, I don't mind gambling with a few bucks, but this was 800.00

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PayPal sucks. The wife used to use it all the time to pay the lot rent for our RV site in the RV park. However, they declined her card once when trying to buy some ammunition, and then they stopped "recognizing" USAA as a banking source, so we could no longer use it to pay our lot rent. She went to CashApp and hasn't had any complaints.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PayPal sucks. The wife used to use it all the time to pay the lot rent for our RV site in the RV park. However, they declined her card once when trying to buy some ammunition, and then they stopped "recognizing" USAA as a banking source, so we could no longer use it to pay our lot rent. She went to CashApp and hasn't had any complaints.
PayPal won't process any payments for ammo or firearms. They've got those merchant codes blocked. You can use it on Bass Pro (I think) for everything but ammo and firearms.

Hopefully it was just a glitch with them and USAA. We use USAA as a funding source on our PayPal account and haven't had any issues. Only issue I've seen with CashApp is if you use their card it will sometimes be seen as a foreign issued card and be declined by some processors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom