What is killing my chickens???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use duct tape and tape the dead chicken around the dogs neck and leave it for a good while, like all day. They wont go near a chicken after that. Especially if you do this in summer. I broke a dog of killing cats the same way, after he wore that dead kitten all day in Aug. He never got near a cat again. If the cat walked too close to him he would leave.
Wonder if that same method would work on a bird killing cat? Have a good cat. Kills his weight in mice,voles,gophers and moles, but he kills the occasional songbird, usually one of my Bluebirds. I've been mad enough to kill him twice after killing my blue birds, but he was faster than I could throw the hoe. Right now I put a #%^$load of bells on his collar to weigh him down and make his approach noisy, but he still is able to kill birds somehow...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if that same method would work on a bird killing cat? Have a good cat. Kills his weight in mice,voles,gophers and moles, but he kills the occasional songbird, usually one of my Bluebirds. I've been mad enough to kill him twice after killing my blue birds, but he was faster than I could throw the hoe. Right now I put a #%^$load of bells on his collar to weigh him down and make his approach noisy, but he still is able to kill birds somehow...
I dont know, you could try it. Cats CAN be trained though. Mom has 3 cats that are inside and outside and she used a squirt bottle with water to spray them anytime they were on the furniture or doing anything she didnt want them doing. Clawing the furniture, squirt, and they stop doing it soon. After a while all she had to do is pick up the spray bottle and when they saw it, they knew to stop what they were doing.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caught a wild Siamese kitten. it would try to kill you each time you went near it.I kept it in the bathroom for 4 days.
Tried to pet it and be nice for 3 of those days..fed it , gave it a place to sleep etc,.

Day 4 Zero change and i always went in with welding gloves.. this thing was viscous.
So that morning of day 4 it's roudyness was solved because i was done being nice.

Slammed it's head 3 times hard against the counter..about knocked it all the way out..Very dizzy cat.
It was like you flipped a switch.. The thing started purring and wanted to cuddle, once it's head quit bobbling.

I gave it to a friend that gave me a stray dog.
Pay back.. She stated that the cat I gave her was the smartest and most lovable cat she ever had.

Parents had a cat that would get into the inside trash can.
It would run when caught in the act.
Dad spanked it,, but no results.

He snatched it out of the can one day and tossed it 15 feet and it hit the sliding glass door and knocked the cat out.
That cat woke up and hid behind the sofa.
But never went near the trash can.

Cat's are hard headed.
Not that I agree with beating on animals.
But like some people.. they will not listen until they get a good thrashin'
Hate to say it.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was sliding a water bowl in there so that I could get more pics when the daylight got better - and he shot out of there like Sims. I just can't win for loosing, it seems. But he was about the size of a big, short legged dog - like a Basset hound.

i.imgur.com_5uNuTwZ.jpg

i.imgur.com_ha7HU46.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, dude--shoot with the the gun first, camera second. The only catch is that you have to wash the trap afterward, as blood (and 'coons are mostly blood) is highly corrosive to iron/steel.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude,..in all seriousness, you need to stop messing around with these wild animals. Kill em and move on.

I've seen a coon that big absolutely beat the %&*# out of 2 good sized male coon hounds. Bailed out of the top of a hollow oak right into the dogs, finally had to kill him to get him off the dogs. Every inch of those dogs were bit or scratched, even their tongue.

If you are ever in the vicinity and one of those crazy big ones with rabies gets out, you'll be in for a round of seriously expensive rabies shots.

You don't like to kill stuff, and I get it. I don't like to kill everything all the time either, but sometimes animals gotta go. And the easiest most humane way to do it is a .22 to the brain.

Best of luck with your chickens.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude,..in all seriousness, you need to stop messing around with these wild animals. Kill em and move on.

I've seen a coon that big absolutely beat the %&*# out of 2 good sized male coon hounds. Bailed out of the top of a hollow oak right into the dogs, finally had to kill him to get him off the dogs. Every inch of those dogs were bit or scratched, even their tongue.

If you are ever in the vicinity and one of those crazy big ones with rabies gets out, you'll be in for a round of seriously expensive rabies shots.

You don't like to kill stuff, and I get it. I don't like to kill everything all the time either, but sometimes animals gotta go. And the easiest most humane way to do it is a .22 to the brain.

Best of luck with your chickens.
It's all fadricated BS. You know how many pics of coons in a cage are available on Google to download? This is just like the BS pitbull story. Any man who lets a vicious dog live after it has scared the family from coming outside is either nuts or a liar.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all fadricated BS. You know how many pics of coons in a cage are available on Google to download? This is just like the BS pitbull story. Any man who lets a vicious dog live after it has scared the family from coming outside is either nuts or a liar.

What do you want me to do? Go out there, sit on the cage and have a pic taken? Right now? I'm not making this up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you want me to do? Go out there, sit on the cage and have a pic taken? Right now? I'm not making this up.
Yes, do that with a hot coon in there...lmao. No shoot the MFer, hold it up with one hand and pond your chest with the other. Lol you let 2 critters go on accident?? Really? BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom