What is wrong with my AR-15???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a brand new LMT AR-15. The problem is it won't cycle completely. There is a delay after the round is fired before the bolt returns to battery. Also, on the final round of the magazine, it the bolt won't lock back and open. I checked the front gas block and everything seems fine there. Any suggestions?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is blowing air through the gas tube not recommended?
*Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Forum Runner*

I do it to mine from time to time. I get out the toxic chemicals, tear it down all the way, scrub it, out fire up my air compressor, and blow out every orifice, nook and cranny. Tip from me; wear safety glasses. I have a lot of needle like extensions on one of my air guns for carburetors, oil passageways, and such.

If your ring end gaps are all lined up on your bolt, the bolt will do just what yours is doing, as too much gas gets past it. Easy to check and fix.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rifle is brand new and I have no idea how anything could be clogged. I have fired less than 100 rounds total through it.

I was wondering if a heavier buffer or heavier spring would help the problem?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your rings, damnit. Take out the BCG, remove the bolt from it, and see if the ring's slots are lined up. They should be staggered. You don't need a different anything, you have something that is not right, and you need to fix it. Now take out the damned BCG.

Dead Eye is right about the pins too. There are two. Again, you will have to take out the BCG, and remove the bolt.

Why haven't you done it yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom