What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own 3 SureFire lights. To me, they are the best and I will never own anything else! THEY ARE THAT GOOD! Most LEOs like Streamlight because they are rechargeable, but I despise them...let me tell you why.

Once upon a time, I went on a man hunt for an escapee that fled from the County Jail. With my "handy-dandy, rusty-trusty" Streamlight SL20 in hand, I went out with about 10-15 other officers in the dark woods of South Central Oklahoma-VERY RURAL...and after about 30-45 minutes in the dark (1:00am) the Streamlight decided to quit on me! :faint: Luckily I had my mini-mag "back-up" on my duty belt (this was before I discovered SureFire). So with mini-mag leading the way, I walked back to my cruiser (about 2 miles away) and sat and pouted while the other guys all played and had fun. :nolike: Now that I've started carrying SureFires on duty (and off duty) I'm never in the dark! :) I carry a SF G2 on my duty belt and a SF E2e (with the pocket clip) in my left pocket. I also have a SureFire SC1 battery/lamp carrier that holds an extra bulb for the G2 and 6 Lithium batteries that power both lights (2 batteries each). And of course while "conducting business" I use the department issue Streamlight Ultra Stinger...I will never be left in the dark again!

The price tag may scare you-most SureFires go for $60-$120 each, depending on which model you choose. I paid $89 for the SF E2e - but it was worth it! I was carrying my SF 6P in my pocket (now retired to auto use), but I got sick of it banging around loose in there along with my keys, coins, cell phone etc. The SureFire G2 is what I carry on my duty belt. It is the "economy" SureFire...it's basically a SF 6P (aluminum body) but is made of Nitrolon (polymer)...you can pick up one of those for about $35-$40...and they come in Tactical Black, OD Green, Desert Tan and Safety Yellow...Awesome lights! By reading this, you would think that I was a SureFire dealer of a spokesperson, but I am just a 110% totaly satisfied customer...I will never own anything else...THEY ROCK!!!:thumb:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NikatKimber said:
I need one, just waiting to get into my own place first. Flashlights (especially good ones) have a habit of being "borrowed" permanently here.

As far as my SureFires being "borrowed" my crew knows that they might as well pick up my Glock! The SureFires are OFF-LIMITS! I will tell you about a kinda cool flashlight, NikatKimber...go to your local Wal-Mart and pick up a Brinkmann Maxfire. It's "almost" as bright as a SureFire but doesn't have near as much "throw" as the SureFires do...but it will light up a bedroom or living room pretty good and it's only got a $20 price tag! They are about the same size as a SureFire 6P or G2, they are made of plastic with a rubber armoring, they use the same Lithium CR123 batteries like the SureFire and they have the same type of "hammering" on the inside of the bezel, like SureFire, to eliminate the dark rings and spots and they use a tactical tailcap push-button, like SureFire...I own 2 of those too. One is in my wife's car and one by the bed for when I'm away. Like I said, they don't have the throw that a SureFire does but for 20 bucks? Yeah...they'll work in a pinch.:thumb:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I promise you...the first time you get left out in the woods with a dead Streamlight in your hands and it's darker than pitch, I guarantee...you will go with a SureFire! :thumb: I'm not afraid of the dark...I'm afraid of what's IN the dark!

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've broken two Surefires and four Streamlights.
I'm hard on equipment but I do agree that surefire is the superior product.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CR123 batteries suck they run down to fast go the the LED and Xenon not just xenon or high output bulb. Who wants to change batteries all of the time.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three surefires and I love them all. Right now I have two 6Ps, and one A2. I had an X200a but sold the light and the pistol that it was on. Now I have nothing with a light rail. I'm gonna grab an L2 the next time I make it down to Houston and have enough time to visit my favorite toy store down there.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom