What is your vote for 1911 Pistol in .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not even a close race. The best by far is the Marvel. It is also the most expensive. I used to shoot alot of bullseye and the Marvels would shoot with my S&W model 41 and my Clark Ruger MarkII. Their action is not like a 1911 it is closer to the S&W mod 41. For the money I think the GSG is the best buy. Slickguns had one that was around $200 after a gift card.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Kimber Rimfire 1911 and the Browning Compact 1911 -- I like them both; but both are pretty pricey new. Very hard to pick just one, that why I have both -- For standard G.I. sights the Browning is pretty accurate -- I use whatever .22lr I have, The CCI Quiets wouldn't cycle completely in either firearm -- will kick the old round out will not pickup the new round. The Browning and Kimbers are made in the United States; The Browning in Utah, the Kimber in New York.

I bought my Browning used n July of 2013, I have shot it every time I have gone shooting since.

Good luck on your search!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Colt/Walther/Umarex Rail Gun from SSP and am pretty happy with it. I looked at the other 2 Colt models, the Browning, Chiappa and GSG. I'm glad I made the choice I did.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These are all some good ideas. I put my hands on a Sig 1911-22 today, and it felt really good. Just don't know if the $400 price is worth the money, since you guys have introduced me to some other options that might be better and equally as fun to have. I may have to get multiples.:wink2:

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up a Sig 1911-22 for my son at the gunshow today. Ran about 50rds or so thru it right before dark and it shoots great. Looks like it'll be a fun one.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Kimber with a Kimber .22LR conversion kit (which, as best I can tell, is just a Kimber-branded Ciener kit) and a Colt with a Colt .22LR conversion. Both worked reasonably well for me, though the Colt's floating chamber can be a PITA to clean.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one of the biggest advantages of the Chiappa than the other's listed...you could darn near buy 2 for the price of a few of them other's have mentioned.

coorsman_ok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a kimber conversion and it performs very well. The advantage of the conversion is that you are getting practice in with your trigger on your .45. It's been a big help in my accuracy with my .45

Latest posts

Top Bottom