What kind of man (or woman) are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite?

• Baitcast

Votes: 54 32.7%
  • Spinning

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • Spincast

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • All of the above - I mix it up

Votes: 55 33.3%
  • None - I don't fish

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about bait cast is that you have to have a finely tuned reel for each weight of lure your throwing. If you set it up for 1/4 oz, and swap over to a 1oz, its backlash city.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mainly baitcast, but do use spinning. Spincast is for the wife. Not into fly fishing at all, though with the abundance of flies in OKLA, I can somewhat see the allure, but why would you 'catch and release'?

BTW: cane pole and a bucket of worms or minnows has produced more fun than the whole truckload of other rod and reels I have.

Favorite, 7" med/hvy with Amb 7000.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not into fly fishing at all, though with the abundance of flies in OKLA, I can somewhat see the allure, but why would you 'catch and release'?

LOL! the flies are bad this year.

The catch and release comes from the trophy areas for trout or other game fish.

Lots of the tailwaters below dams have a trophy area where the fisher can only keep fish in a certain length. Each district has different regulations.

If they don't meet the regs you have to release. It not a bad deal.

The size of the fish will get larger and allow the fishers to get bigger fish.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so they claim. well, yes the fish do get bigger, but ................

Texas had a size limit on redfish for 3 years of 15". We would go to the beach and catch 50 - 100 redfish in a day, all 12-14". FINALLY, got to where you could catch a 'keeper' and Sept. 1st the regs changed, 17" minimum and 1 over 48".

The population was strong, the limits did allow the fish to get bigger, but it also almost destroyed the fishing industry because people quit fishing for the reds and concentrated on other species which could be kept.

I'm all for reasonable bag limits or even size limits to protect juvenile fish, but that was going to far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom