What kind of recoil can I expect on a XDM that I am getting for the wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loved By Most

Marksman
Reaction score
Surprising her with this for Christmas, but I know she doesn't like a lot of recoil. Was looking at an Fn also...any help?
May as well put my 2 cents in here as my FIRST POST! (Yay?)

(Wife and I are looking at a change of scenery from where we are right now to somewhere a little warmer and more firearm friendly, that's why I joined your forum.)

Back to your question, my wife insisted that she wanted the same one as I have, XDm 9.

Only thing we changed, and changed on both, was the guide rod. Went from the cheap factory hollow aluminum to a solid tungsten.

Made a tremendous difference in muzzle flip and recoil.

But as other's have mentioned, best for your wife to make the choice herself.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my wife loves her xd45 tactical. she has small hands and has trouble with the slide on most others. she also says the recoil is quite small.i let her pick it out herself and i was surprised. so was she. we tried all kinds of pistols, who would of guessed.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loved By .. Welcome to our gang. As a fellow transplant from north west Ind. I can say Okiehoma is more firearm friendly and, much, much more warmer in summer than where we are from.I do miss the fall leaves.

I started my wife with a Ruger MKII.

Shawn_Ginardi

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in a gunshop and the most trade-ins we get are women who's husbands have bought them a gun that does not fit them.

I see alot of women come in and try and find a gun for them and tell me "my husband wants me to get a revolver, but I don't want one" type of deal, they MUST feel comfortable with the gun, this is NOT the time to be an Alpha male!!!

Another thing is I always try to fit a gun to a person. If it doesn't feel good in the store and they buy it anyways (most of the time because of price), they are never going to shoot it alot - BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT THEM!!!!

Please don't look at prices when picking out a CCW gun, for god's sake. It's a once in a lifetime purchase that might just save yours one day. Get something that feels good and shoot the holy **** out of it and get some training!!!!

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see your points about having her try out several and it is valid and that is the way I will go...Makes a lot of sense..Thanks all for heading off another failed Christmas present...Fur cape 1969 one I remember the most.

Loved By Most

Marksman
Reaction score
Loved By .. Welcome to our gang. As a fellow transplant from north west Ind. I can say Okiehoma is more firearm friendly and, much, much more warmer in summer than where we are from.I do miss the fall leaves.

I started my wife with a Ruger MKII.

Thanks for your kind words!

As for "missing" fall leaves, I wouldn't miss them one bit, nor would I miss looking at the snowflakes falling right now....

6 ~ 8 inches total by tomorrow.....YUCK!

Latest posts

Top Bottom