What state would you pick to hunt for a monster Mullie buck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find that place kind of interesting, both the terrain and the way it is run by the ODWC, with the influence of a "conservation group"? Is that correct?

Yep the Nature Conservancy, Four canyons also has habitat and populations of the last remaining Lesser Prairie Chicken in Oklahoma which has a possible listing as "threatened" pending by USF&W

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wyoming DIY. Pickup a general tag for numerous areas. You need to apply before march 15th for the draw. Seen some very nice bucks and if you are willing to push off the beaten path you can find some big boys. Check out you tube for some DIY hunts in Wyoming and see what you think. Tag around $300 and lots of public land to hunt. Access to private can also be had at reasonable rates. Good pro hunting people. I'm pretty bias about Wyoming but in my opinion it is a hunters paradise. Be hunting goats in late September and scouting for mulies. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep the Nature Conservancy, Four canyons also has habitat and populations of the last remaining Lesser Prairie Chicken in Oklahoma which has a possible listing as "threatened" pending by USF&W

Negative. Hasn't been a chicken sighting on that place in several years. Although it is prime Chicken habitat and historic ground for them.

Okie, the nature conservancy owns it. They coop with the state to allow hunts. In an effort to help manage the herd. There are always some very nice Muley bucks on the place. No comment on the size of white tails out there as they are all dinks. No need to put in for the hunt. Way to low of odds for such dinky deer.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative. Hasn't been a chicken sighting on that place in several years. Although it is prime Chicken habitat and historic ground for them.

Okie, the nature conservancy owns it. They coop with the state to allow hunts. In an effort to help manage the herd. There are always some very nice Muley bucks on the place. No comment on the size of white tails out there as they are all dinks. No need to put in for the hunt. Way to low of odds for such dinky deer.
And a really long drag too.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I didn't realize that they owned it. My Knight ML took the first mulie buck off of that place.........................I wasn't the one pulling the trigger though, lol. justin_h635 has pics of the two they killed that year at Four Canyons.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I am putting in for this hunt every year..............

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Arizona strip or Nevada is where the true monsters are. If a nice representative buck will suffice then colorado New Mexico or Wyoming is where I'd go. They kill some impressive bucks year to year in Nevada. Tough to get a tag but great bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom