What temp are you keeping your AC right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
71-69 We have two units and spray foamed the walls and roof when we built. Its like an igloo cooler even with the doors opening and closing all day.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just installed a Nest thermostat last night. This thing is amazing.

The busted ass cheap programmable I had would come off "hold" randomly and kick to 82. Absurdity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
72 or 73

Eight tons of A/C, lots of insulation. Average electric bill is 200 +/- depending on my extra use. Just air conditioned my shop also. The damned humidity ain't good for my asthma or my allergies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
72 or 73

Eight tons of A/C, lots of insulation. Average electric bill is 200 +/- depending on my extra use. Just air conditioned my shop also. The damned humidity ain't good for my asthma or my allergies.

Whaaaaaat???? That is RIDICULOUS. Please share with me the sq footage you are cooling as well as the SEER rating of your unit. And brand and model, preferably. That is amazingly efficient, I am thinking. 8 tons, I am thinking you are cooling close to 5k sq ft?

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certainly, home is 4,000 one level, dual zoned with a 5&3, R30 walls, R40+ attic (properly vented)fiberglass insulation, 2" high density styrofoam lined garage door , partially foamed, gassed windows & doors, ceiling fans in all rooms, minimal sunlight exposure, both units are R22 (not R134) 12 something seer screw drives. Highest electric bill last tear was 241. Please note I am on Verdigris Valley Electric Co-operative, and not Public Service. My next roof will hopefully be an insulated steel roof. I am a retired Commercial General Contractor with time to piddle around the my house shop.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, well that's great. I hope someday when I'm able to build a home (I hope, anyways) I can build one that saves me that kind of money. Strong work, sir!

Latest posts

Top Bottom