What the hell is wrong with people these days??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can people not try to stop that? There's a badass quote out there somewhere about "the inability of good men to act" or something to that nature and this fits it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bad situation to be sure but what could any of us realisticaly have done to stop the attack?

1) Pull your weapon and order the attackers to cease and desist?

2) Physically intervene and use force to stop the attack?

3) Use your own body to shield the victim?

1 and 2 seem to me to be recipes for ending up in the slammer.

3 is viable but at great risk to one's self. Would you be willing to die to save a stranger and leave your own family fatherless?

Tough situation? Hard choices. I have no idea how I would react in that situation.

Do you?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bad situation to be sure but what could any of us realisticaly have done to stop the attack?

3 is viable but at great risk to one's self. Would you be willing to die to save a stranger and leave your own family fatherless?

Tough situation? Hard choices. I have no idea how I would react in that situation.

Do you?
Personally I don't think I could stand by and watch someone else get beaten that badly and do absolutely nothing. If that meant putting my own life at risk, so be it. I would rather die and have my family know I died standing up for something that is right than live and have them know I were a coward.

Think of the police officer recently who "only" got beat up and now is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. No "deadly weapons" used in that attack, just a little 2-on-1... just like this situation.

I would try to shield them and scare off the attackers, and if they continued to try to attack, I'd have to knock them silly. It's the only real way, in my opinion. If things escalated, then yeah, I'd probably have to resort to pulling a weapon to protect an innocent civilian from a vicious, life-threatening beating. Yeah... that's kinda the point, if you ask me.

Sheep? Wolf? Or sheepdog? Those are the only choices.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do you?

I assure you that had I been present, the beating would have ceased immediately and I would not have ended up in jail.

Cowards like the fithy girls who were doing the beating will fold like a house of cards when presented with a situation such as I would offer them. They were even confounded by an elderly woman in polyester... what makes you think they'd buck up to something more than that?

It doesn't usually take much more than firmly standing up to people like this. There have been very few times in my life when I have not been able to control a situation verbally and with a confident presence. Beyond that, were they to get physical with me, I'm also confident that the police would have no trouble after speaking to me with understanding my right to defend myself and the one who was previously attacked.

Now... if we were talking about the dude in Vegas who bashed the car window in with a crowbar... THAT'S a different story and one where the question is one of using actual force rather than just simply intervening. These fools in McD's just need a firm opposing force and they'll go away.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you got that **** right! I wish someone would had put a bullet in them two Bitches...

Neither is this a good idea or necessary.

I would just shield the victim and usher her out of the mcdonalds and away from the situation. If I had to put her in my car and take her to the station (the first place she should go of course) to file a report and be out of harms way i would do so.

Anyway the lawsuits will be flying every which way shortly or at least they should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom