What To Build With Remy 700BDL LA Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a nib long action BDL that would like to build something with. Bought it to do a 6.5x55 but went to a swed mauser action for that and now have a very nice rifle in that caliber. I have a .243 Remington varmint barrel that was a new pull off for a BR project. The action being long is ok for the 243 but will require some adaptation in the box of the receiver. That said I would like to build a 7.62x39 bolt gun but the bolt face of this action is .473 which is too large for that round. I have access to a quality gunsmith that is very reasonable and will do what ever I want just need to settle on something.
What ideas would any of you have? I don't hunt except for hogs and the 6.5x55 fills that bill well. I own a 257 roberts BR rifle, so had thought of possibly going that direction since I load for that caliber already. I am not a 308 guy at all. What about a 300 blackout? Anyone know the bolt face requirements for that round?

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could go with a 280AI with 162/168gr and even 180gr or you could go with a barrel burning 6.5x284 with 130/140gr bullets. Both have serious LR potential, manageable recoil and high BC bullet selections.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes old shoulders!!! lol I got rid of everything 308 and up after major, use of the knife, shoulder surgery. Nature of the beast nearing 70.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes OKC, its old shoulders. After major , use of the knife not robot, shoulder surgery I got rid of everything 308 and above. Nature of the beast at almost 70. Funny I have 20/20 vision far off but the shoulders just well gave up. I arm wrestled for may years. After both elbows and one shoulder it downed on me that was a major mistake.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes OKC, its old shoulders. After major , use of the knife not robot, shoulder surgery I got rid of everything 308 and above. Nature of the beast at almost 70. Funny I have 20/20 vision far off but the shoulders just well gave up. I arm wrestled for may years. After both elbows and one shoulder it downed on me that was a major mistake.
I can understand that, I'm half that age, and feeling the effects of younger superman attitudes now, I know of quite a few folks that have made nice short action rifles from a long action, the .243 has always been appealing caliber to me, myself now I only shoot .308, .260, 6.8 and 5.56, I don't know of anyone that has turned a .260 into a long action but it's a excellent round with minimal recoil, you might want to check into it, but it sounds as if you have plenty of choices already to decide from

Latest posts

Top Bottom