What to see around Galveston?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Goat Island thing threw me. Bolivar so Stingaree Marina. You didn't say if you were taking kids? Lot's of good ideas above. Willie G's is a Landry's. Definitely go see Isaac's Storm. Take crackers for the ferry ride. Lot's of good fishing on the jetties or just off the beach. Gaido's has been there for over a century and the food is excellent. They have a private club in the back called the Pelican Club. Sea Wolf Park if you haven't been exposed to a submarine. High end steakhouse on Offatt's Bayou is Number 13. Go enjoy the island.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, should have said Bolivar peninsula instead. Correct on Stingaree.
You can see how familiar I am with that part of the world.
Anyone do any fishing in that area?

I have fished the shipping channel a bit, usually have good luck with shrimp as bait. The wreck on the west side of the channel between the Texas City dike and island is usually a good spot.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, should have said Bolivar peninsula instead. Correct on Stingaree.
You can see how familiar I am with that part of the world.
Anyone do any fishing in that area?
There is good fishing all around there. Reds, Specs, Flounder, etc. October and November are generally the best times down barring Blue Northers. I lived in Texas City, Seabrook and Clear Lake Shores from 1985 - 2009 and fished all over that bay and offshore. I still get down there 2 or 3 times a year to visit friends.

Latest posts

Top Bottom