What Was Your College Job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remodeling/painting
Tree trimming
Vending service
Photograph weddings
Auto mechanic
Made pizza's
Rock masonry

Never turned a job(s) down.
I didn't sleep much in those days.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Stillwater I worked at the $1.50 movie theater for the worst theater chain in the US. I didn't get many hours and the pay was terrible. I once lived for a week and a half on $2.85.

I then worked in the kitchen at Eskimo Joe's. Hard work but plenty of hours if you wanted to work them and a great bunch of people. Plus, with 5 hours of work you got a shift meal. Downside: I used to get paid to prep, cook, then clean up the mess. Now, I don't enjoy cooking whatsoever.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arkansas pays me to go to school. But I've gotta have gun and girlfriend money. First two years I worked concessions at Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, AR. I also delivered newspapers to Eureka Springs on the weekends. That paid really well until the paper went under... I refereed intramural football games, hated the pressure. I've spent the last year and a half at Best Buy. Made full time 9 months in. Hopefully I'll be able to move up into management within the next few months, and maintain that while I'm in grad school. I work 40 hrs a week and I'm a full time student, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Best Buy sure doesn't pay the best, but I can't think of any other job that lets me network like this one. Running the home theater department means that Walmart, Tyson, and J.B. Hunt execs come to me for help.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I delivered furniture at a hardware/slash furniture store. I was a bodybuilder at the time and the store owners liked it cause I could deliver furniture alone. I should have charged them double in hindsight.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The US Army paid my books, tuition, and fees plus $100/mo (1973-77 @ OSU) so working summers generally kept me in spending $$$. The summer gigs included wheat harvest twice (brought home $1k the first time, $1.5k the second), summer school plus working on campus radio for one summer, county road maintenance truck driver my last summer, and one summer @ Ft. Riley KS for the Army. My last semester I was married so I also worked at Hardee's nights and weekends.

Latest posts

Top Bottom