What will 30 minutes and no extra cash get ya

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was looking for a glock 26 for CC. I already have a g19 for bedside duties. Thought why not make my own long slide 26. . SO out came the dremel tool. A buddy and I did it in less then 30 minutes. I think it turned out pretty sweet for FREE lol. It pretty much disappears with the flat base plates on the mags. Pics aren't that great, took with cellphone. My only complaint is I wish I would have cut a bit less off the area between the back of the mag and the backstrap of the gun. But overall I'm very pleased with the outcome. Good or bad, what do you guys think?

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j102_maxim240sx_photo_48.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j102_maxim240sx_photo_47.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j102_maxim240sx_photo_46.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j102_maxim240sx_photo_45.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j102_maxim240sx_photo_44.jpg

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks pretty good! The only thing I noticed was what you pointed out - the slight over removal of material on the bottom of the backstrap behind the magazine. But the way you finished the cut edge so cleanly is nice. It looks well done.

I have been looking at this for my XD. The Glock 19 is a perfect size IMHO, but the XD grip (at 0.5" longer) is a bit unbalanced to me. I have been considering 1) mustering up the cajones to do it myself, 2) send it off to someone like Springer Precision, or 3) see about having Mike do it.

If you don't mind - was that quote foe just the chop, or a chop and stipple?

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey appreciate it!!Yeah my buddy said I didn't have the balls to do it, so I had to show him. It was really pretty easy though. Just be patient, measure twice and cut once. On his website it says $140 for grip reduction. I'm not sure if thats grinding down the finger grooves and a chop or what exactly. But I didn't have that much extra for something I "wanted" but didn't need. Plus my buddy has a g26, so we just measured off his grip to get the exact line. I Know what you mean about the mustering or sending it off. It ran through my mind I was about to cut up a perfectly fine gun.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey thanks. I haven't took it back to the range yet. But it does feel good in the hands. I think I'm going to do a bit more work on the butt to make it more rounded.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It looks extremely awkward, but highly functional. I love carrying my G19, and the only thing I would change on it would be the grip length at times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom