Whats in your ccw rotation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I always cringe when someone talks about their CCW "rotation". I firmly believe you should become proficient with one platform and carry it and only it. JMO. :thumb:

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Should high stress, self defense situation ever occur, I do not want to have to remember what gun in my "rotation" I am packing. I want my reflexes to take over and get the job done.

btw - I think we have had this conversation before. I pretty much consider a S&W DA J frame and a Glock to be the same platform - DA, point & shoot.

To elaborate a little further, I know some folks who carry a 1911 one day and a SA/DA revolver the next. If they can shoot both in a self defense situation, fine - but I do not want to take the chance. To me, a CCW is like an insurance policy - something I have but hope I never have to use.

Again, JMO - but it's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Should high stress, self defense situation ever occur, I do not want to have to remember what gun in my "rotation" I am packing. I want my reflexes to take over and get the job done.

btw - I think we have had this conversation before. I pretty much consider a S&W DA J frame and a Glock to be the same platform - DA, point & shoot.

To elaborate a little further, I know some folks who carry a 1911 one day and a SA/DA revolver the next. If they can shoot both in a self defense situation, fine - but I do not want to take the chance. To me, a CCW is like an insurance policy - something I have but hope I never have to use.

I see! I can agree with this, especially with being proficient with anything one carries. I dont believe in limiting oneself.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Once upon a time I had a 1911 I carried, a SA/DA Sig, and a DAO SP101. Three completely different platforms.

I now carry either a Glock 19 (most days), KelTec PF-9 (either BUG or primary if concealment with the 19 is an issue), or Ruger *-Six .357.

All of which are DA point and shoot, and have a button to reload.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Same thing I've been carrying for years, SW3913, and SW640ND.

Latest posts

Top Bottom