What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom and Dad told me I came home from the hospital in a green 1951 Ford.

1696303761985.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
An Air Force buddy of mine got transferred overseas with very little notice,,,
He signed his beat-up Gremlin over to me for a $5.00 bill.

It was ugly as original sin,,,
But it ran and handled just fine.

I ended up driving it for an entire year,,,
It was actually a very nice car,,,
Except for that ugly part.

Aarond

We had a judge magistrate in Barber County Kansas that lived in his Gremlin. I had a part time job as a wrench twister doing front end alignments at the local mechanic shop and he brought that POS in. I refused to service that car because of all the trash and stink inside.

This is the same guy that peed in the corner of his office in the courthouse and threw chicken bones on the floor at the truck stop restaurant. They had to completely redo all the walnut woodwork in that corner and the waitresses automatically brought out a big trash can to his table.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vaguely remember it, know we took a long road trip from Tulsa to Canada in it, and remember laying in the package tray in the back window. Also remember my Grand Dad saying the car needed a "brazzear". :)

It was pink and white, just like this one, also had the typical plastic seat covers.

1957-cadillac-coupe-deville.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember Mom's '62 four door Impala. White with blue seats. Always carried a couple towels 'cuz those seats would scorch your legs in summer.
Brother's first car(in '71 or '72) was a '63 Impala convertible, same color combo iirc, and those blue seats were really hot with the top down. Also remember Dad having a '59 or '60 El Camino, playing in the back and those horizontal fins I could sit on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom