What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First one I remember is a 64(?) 4 door Impala, light blue. Next up was a 71 Dodge Dart, harvest gold, slant 6.
My uncle had a 67 GTO convertible, Hurst shifter and crager mags. That was a cool car as a pre-teen to ride around in.

I would almost say that I got cheated after I came back from serving in Pakistan in the late '60's. Mom and Dad and Grandma got together to buy me a newer car for when I returned. They traded my 1960 Ford Falcon for a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500. It was a good car and lasted us for many years, but soon after they presented the car to me, they told me that they also considered a late-'60's GTO. In reality, I was probably better off with the Ford. It at least had a little more room inside being a 4-door.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
52 Hudson Hornet. The only thing I remember about it is when Dad did a Dukes of Hazard jump over some steeply elevated railroad tracks at highway speeds at night time and the impact of coming down. Totaled it out.
Remember parents talking about it.

IMG_2116.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when I was very young, breaking the rear window out in my father's 50 some panel truck with a snowball. Man was he pissed.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The oldest car I remember was a 1964 lesabre. It may have been the first car I ever thought was ‘cool’. Dad put checked white walls with a red line tires on it. It had Silver vinyl interior. The seats, door panels, everything
171062BF-1017-4ECD-8A3F-E891E8B34130.png

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember the year or model, but I remember it was either a Mercury or a Ford with the rear window that retracted to supposedly allow air circulation. After looking for a picture, I'm guessing it was a '57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.
th-1544101372.jpg

roostermcbee

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Pontiacs, Catalina's and Grand Prix. My Grandmother drove a Rambler with a push button transmission. My first car was a 1970 GTO. Man, I wish I still had it....

Latest posts

Top Bottom