When Feral Hogs ATTACK!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While hog hunting this July just north of Atoka I had a 150lb sow come out of a black berry bush and run straight toward me at 20 yards after I dropped her sister who came out of the same hole in the bush. She squeeled out and began to charge. I fired many times at her with my AR (some hits and some misses but I stood my ground) and she finally had enough pain and turned at about 15 yards from me and I put the last shot just in front of her earto put her down. That was the biggest rush I have ever had hunting. It turned out that a friend and I had strumbled into a nest of at least five or six of them. I took two that day before it was all over. BTW at the end I counted it up and I had spent over twenty rounds in that fire fight with the hogs.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While hog hunting this July just north of Atoka I had a 150lb sow come out of a black berry bush and run straight toward me at 20 yards after I dropped her sister who came out of the same hole in the bush. She squeeled out and began to charge. I fired many times at her with my AR (some hits and some misses but I stood my ground) and she finally had enough pain and turned at about 15 yards from me and I put the last shot just in front of her earto put her down. That was the biggest rush I have ever had hunting. It turned out that a friend and I had strumbled into a nest of at least five or six of them. I took two that day before it was all over. BTW at the end I counted it up and I had spent over twenty rounds in that fire fight with the hogs.

You go Man! Sounds like it was on like donkey kong!

Flyboy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And that is why I bought the .45-70: I don't need it for the easy shots, but I hunt alone from time to time, and it would be just my luck that the charge will come when there's nobody around to help me. I wanted something that would be a definitive bone-breaker.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent had one charge me yet, but my buddy has had two charge him. The first was a little one while he was bow hunting. The second was a 200 + pounder that took several rounds to put down.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that is why I bought the .45-70: I don't need it for the easy shots, but I hunt alone from time to time, and it would be just my luck that the charge will come when there's nobody around to help me. I wanted something that would be a definitive bone-breaker.

You are a great story teller. You need to do more hunting posts. I carry a .45 acp when hunting for the mean bulls and mean pigs.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law had one charge him in the front yard after dusk. He went to the garage for something and ended up in the back of his pickup. we have killed several off on the farm in late winter last year, and they are just now showing back up. I swear they are more aware of you than the deer I hunt,

Latest posts

Top Bottom