Where are all the guys who tried to join but were told they were medically unable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to join the Air Force and ended up pissing off my recruiter because I tried to lie about being asthmatic. They found out and weren't too happy.

I'm not sure how true this is, but he said if I would have been fully enlisted and they found out that I could be jailed for Fraudulent Enlistment.

Oops.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to join the Air Force and ended up pissing off my recruiter because I tried to lie about being asthmatic. They found out and weren't too happy.

I'm not sure how true this is, but he said if I would have been fully enlisted and they found out that I could be jailed for Fraudulent Enlistment.

Oops.

It is a dishonorable discharge and possible emprisonment for Fraud.

The Marine recruiter had me step outside with him to speak "off the record". He said to not mention it. I asked what would happen if I was at Quantico and had an attack, that is when he said I would recieve a DD and possible jail time. I told him that I couldn't chance that. I had not had an attack in probably 10 years at the time, but that was here, who knows what would happen depending on where they sent me. NOT WORTH THE CHANCE!!!

C

Clay

I have a bad knee and cant run a block without pain. I had an ACL repair that resulted in my knee being less than 100% so they wouldnt take me.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back problems kept me out of the Army and the Coast Guard. I was going to sign the waiver to try to join anyway, but a couple of the vets in my family said it was a bad idea. OH! And I was refused once for being under weight when I was fresh out of high school. I couldn't believe it! UNDER weight! You would think they wanted more guys who could wear uniforms off the rack and run a mile with no problem.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't have any medical issues that kept me out. However, they wanted me to sign away custody of my three boys when I went to basic training. Only two choices I had was their dad -- the deadbeat alcoholic I had divorced, and my darling mother -- the meanest, most vindictive, most hate-filled woman on the planet who had promised time and time again to take my kids from me if she ever got the chance. Just couldn't do it.

I still regret not being able to enlist. I think my life would have been drastically different (for the better) if I'd been able to.:( One of my very few, true regrets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom