Where are all the USPSA people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just walking around the car show killed my knee today, I wish I could still play the gun games or golf. I think I’ll clean up my golf equipment and list it for sale. I’ve sold all my shooting stuff except the ones I carry these days.

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to shoot IDPSA with revolvers. Out of 100 shooters about 3-5 shot revolvers. At 79 now I don't move fast enough and some of the stages were mind confusing. So now I only shoot ICORE.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just walking around the car show killed my knee today, I wish I could still play the gun games or golf. I think I’ll clean up my golf equipment and list it for sale. I’ve sold all my shooting stuff except the ones I carry these days.
:(
Sorry to hear about all your knee issues. You, GT, rusty harris, and a whole bunch of others OSA members were fun to squad with. There were a lot of OSA members who shot uspsa, steel challenge, etc. all over the state @ 2007-2012 or so. I only knew 2 people the last time I went.

I had to get out due to ammo prices, job change, and a surprise daughter. Priorities changed a lot.

I just can’t bring myself to get rid of my non self defense shooting stuff. I should, just can’t bring myself to do it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:(
Snip ... [Stuff around here] ... changed a lot.

I just can’t bring myself to get rid of my non self defense shooting stuff. I should, just can’t bring myself to do it.

Same here, man ... 😞 I miss it a lot. I mean a WHOLE LOT. But I'm seriously starting to think I need to unload all my competition stuff (nothing fancy -- I always shot production) ... But then I start looking thru everything and I just ... Hmmmmmm ... I dunno ... I just can't do it. Not yet anyway ...

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, man ... 😞 I miss it a lot. I mean a WHOLE LOT. But I'm seriously starting to think I need to unload all my competition stuff (nothing fancy -- I always shot production) ... But then I start looking thru everything and I just ... Hmmmmmm ... I dunno ... I just can't do it. Not yet anyway ...
Ha, I have multiple prod rigs with backups, limited gear, hunting gear, you name it. I really need to get down to it must fit in the safe…

Maybe we should start the “I was never as good as I once was… but I’m still really good at bs” squad.

Last edited:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly why someone in the know needs to restart the carry gun matches somewhere. Simple, realistic scenarios in the 0-15 yard range, with stages being fairly compact. Basically recreation of fight your way to cover/concealment scenarios.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly why someone in the know needs to restart the carry gun matches somewhere. Simple, realistic scenarios in the 0-15 yard range, with stages being fairly compact. Basically recreation of fight your way to cover/concealment scenarios.
Almost everything in USPSA action pistol is under 15yds. Come out and shoot around barrels, barricades, and through windows. Bring your IWB holster, it’s legal. Shoot production, or optics carry class if your running an optic. I can beat 60% of the shooters with my daily carry. I’ve shot my last 6 matches with my Glock 19 MOS.

Come shoot and have fun!

Last edited:

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is almost exactly what we do at the outdoor range here in Tulsa. We have a group of 6-10 guys othat meets every Thursday morning and about once every 90 days we host a “action pistol” day for members and guest where our core group sets up 7 stages that are all self defense oriented. Come shoot with us sometime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom