Where to buy Iodine...its missing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumerian1

Marksman
Reaction score
Also you should read up on iodine and its uses.
The thyroid NEEDS iodine for bodily functions, and if you don't get enough of
it in your diet, it will absorb it from wherever it can. Iodized salts were made to prevent goiter and also help (if this is true) to keep your thyroid from absorbing it from the air, which can contain nuclear byproduct iodines.
Not a good thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid_hormone

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't have the energy to look, but yes, it is both consumed and still dangerous. Your body needs some amount, but exposure to large amounts, especially over time, is dangerous. A product based on iodine is used by homebrewers and always comes with a warning.

Silica is one of the most inert substances on earth, and if you eat enough of it, it's still a poison. ;)

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandmother used to practically bathe me in that crap when I would come in after playing, covered in scrapes and cuts.

The crusty old bottle looked just like this:

farm1.static.flickr.com_4_6820485_d20de13ee9.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was damn near 20 years old when she used it on me...

HAHAHA!!!!

Yeah.....and they'd always try to slather this ol' crappola on ya' ever chance they got.:

img2.etsystatic.com_il_170x135.301294922.jpg

And of course it always looked like it was the *first* Campho Phenique bottle ever produced.
I think maybe they thought that stuff 'aged' like wine or something......

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i also remember getting cut up pretty bad when i wiped out on my bike when i was about 6yo. my dad was cleaning my arm up and said he was going to put some monkey blood on it. i remember thinking, "why the hell do we have the blood from a monkey in our cabinet and how is that going to help my arm heal?"

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess in my original posting I had two issues:

1st. How iodine is being used to make meth,so punish the good citizens for the fools that use it incorrectly.

2nd. The pharmacist telling me they classified it as a poison....WTH!!?? ISN'T THAT SELF EVIDENT??
Hmmmmm, antifreeze=poison, draino=poison, bleach=poison, iodine=poison. Yep,its on my checklist.

Dang, my minor in chemistry is really paying off!!! Duh!

Cohiba

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will mix some of this poorly soluble I2 up and test it out. I2 is like chlorine, It can exist on its own but it will readily bond with water molecules. Red phosphorus and sulfur dioxide will speed up the rate at which the I2 will bond with the H2O molecules, but it is perfectly capable of doing it on its own.

No it doesn't really disolve in water on it's own. Distilled water and elemental iodine do not mix well. Impurities in water will greatly enhance its solubility. Bromides, halides, chlorides and iodides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine#Solubility

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mecurachrome

Bill Clinton made this illegal when he was president.

In 1998, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration declared that Mercurochrome, generically known as merbromin, was "not generally recognized as safe and effective" as an over-the-counter antiseptic and forbade its sale across state lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom