where to find some recent MRE's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had some Wise stuff that was surprisingly pretty good and some that was more like the stuff you scrape out of a fridge after a looong power outage. The GI MRE's have been across the board pretty good with the occasional weird item of unidentifiable origin best looked at then carefully dropped into the trash instead of attempting to eat it.

Ever got Skittles in a Wise bag of liquid lasagna? I thought not, case closed. Skittles. Out of fairness that lasagna really isn't bad when you add enough of that weird dry parmesan cheese stuff out of the green bottle to tighten up the consistency.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a bit surprised at this board endorsing Wise. Ever since prepping became "cool" Wise popped up. Mountain House has been doing it for a long time and their product is better than Wise hands down. I've only tasted one product from each but i didnt care about Wise too much.

google "Mountain House vs Wise" and read 'em and weep.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a bag of Mountain House lasagna from Walmart. Gotta say, it was very good. Gave my wife and daughter a small bowl without disclosing it was freeze dried and both liked it and wanted more. After showing them the package, my wife decided she didn't like it. LOL

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My advice is buy canned tuna, chicken, and meats that you will eat and can rotate. Peanut Butter is also handy to have around all have very good shelf life and more than likely you will actually eat them while the othesr sit there waiting for an emeregcy that never happend needing replaced and are very expensive. Add B&M canned bread and your good to go without cooking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom